This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Computer Loses Power In Boot

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have recently built a new computer for myself, although I would like to consider myself as an advanced computer user my problem stumps me. When i start up my computer It runs normally for a couple minutes and than sudenly shuts off its power. sometimes the os starts to boot, sometimes it stops before i get to system bios. Im using an Asus mobo and an Intel dual core processor. I have a 500 power supply. Thanks for any help at all.
Hi, Sorry to hear of the problem with your new build. This presents a huge problem in long distance troubleshhooting as the number of things that could be causing the problem are legion. It might be best to try and narrow things down a bit, so please let us know what you have done so far to diagnose/fix the problem and we will take it from there. Regards paws
thanks for the incredibly quick reply, I tried many things to fix the problem, first off I though I was losing power when somthing booted, so I boosted the power supply box from 450 to 500 W, then I tried simply resetting everything, I turned off all the power and took it all apart and put it back together, just in case I made a mistake. That was all i could think of at the moment. Thanks Carson
Hi, Sorry I did not make myself clear in my previous post.. So that I know exactly what you have done so far, and what needs to be done now, what I wanted you to do is to list each step that you have already taken to diagnose/fix the problem. This might involve you in a fair bit of work, in writing it all down, but is very necessary; if you have kept a "diagnosis/repair log" (and you should!) of each step that you have undertaken and the results obtained, then a copy of that will do just fine. This will at least give me a starting point from which I can work. Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI