This one won't even let me run my Hijack this program!! It shuts it down when I open it. It closes down my windows explorer when I click the link on this website to the Hijack this log and Malware removal link??? It also will not let me run my Xoftspy program. I did download Spybot, it found some things that I deleted. My son said he got it yesterday through windows messenger. It installed a small icon on my desktop that says wr-1 under it, and it has 3 little cubes inside the icon that have F M C on them. What am I going to be able to do, please let me know, thanks!!!!
Hi,
Sorry to hear about the problems with your computer.
I see that you have also posted an HJT log in the malware removal forum. (well done on getting the log done by the way).
It would be wise for us to refrain from providing advice here on this forum until a malware removal expert has declared your machine "clean". (we don't want to make his/her job more difficult by recommending system changes here that could conflict with malware testing and/or removal)
If you still experience issues with your machine after it has been declared clean, please post back here in this thread, and we will do our best to help.
Regards
paws
I have not heard back from anyone about my HJT posting. I am currently still in the same situation. I will let you know when I do, thanks for your time!!!!
Hi Otis99,
Sometimes the folks asking for detailed help and advice on a malware issue exceed the number of trained and expert volunters available, so if you can please try and be patient, although I know this can be tough!
A very important point that will help you get a response to your hjt log as soon as possible is not to make a "follow up post" in the malware removal forum, as this would be flagged as a "reply" leading to a malware expert thinking you were already being assisted by one of his/her colleagues. (They tend to look at unanswered posts first.)
Once your machine has been declared clean if you are still having issues with your machine please post back here in this thread and we will do our best to help.
Regards
paws
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI