Software
Free Dvd
3 min read
DougB
Topic Starter
I am not sure whether this is the correct forum but if not someone maybe able to help.Due to health I am pretty well confined to house ,and so watch a lot of DVD's this is becoming quite expensive a friend has told me there are programmes wherein you can watch DVD:S on your computer at no cost.I have already used one of these programmes and the movies although free were older than me so if anyone could assist me would be very appreciative>Thanking you one and all
paws
Hi DougB
I was hoping that someone who was really into DVD's would respond to your post and provide a good link where you could obtain some good free DVD's
As no one has so far replied and I know next to nothing about films, movies and the like on DVD…!! it is with a great deal of trepidation that I fired up my favourite search engine and came across the following site:
http://emol.org/movies/
It seems to be the sort of thing that might be of interest to you, but on the other hand it may be no good at all. I can't tell the age of the video's just by looking at the pictures but perhaps the older stuff is easier on the copyright front? Proceed at your own risk as I know nothing about this sort of thing, and the site may be perfectly OK, or on the other hand there may be drawbacks…. I leave it up to you to have a sniff round it and perhaps take advice from someone who knows a lot about these things, before getting too involved.
I hope you manage to find what you are looking for and am just sorry that I can't really be of much use to you.
Regards
paws
I was hoping that someone who was really into DVD's would respond to your post and provide a good link where you could obtain some good free DVD's
As no one has so far replied and I know next to nothing about films, movies and the like on DVD…!! it is with a great deal of trepidation that I fired up my favourite search engine and came across the following site:
http://emol.org/movies/
It seems to be the sort of thing that might be of interest to you, but on the other hand it may be no good at all. I can't tell the age of the video's just by looking at the pictures but perhaps the older stuff is easier on the copyright front? Proceed at your own risk as I know nothing about this sort of thing, and the site may be perfectly OK, or on the other hand there may be drawbacks…. I leave it up to you to have a sniff round it and perhaps take advice from someone who knows a lot about these things, before getting too involved.
I hope you manage to find what you are looking for and am just sorry that I can't really be of much use to you.
Regards
paws
kevin_czarnota
Hi doug:
I live in Alabama and know their library system has a service for home bound people. they can send any books, vcr tapes and DVD they have in circulation. Cal your library and ask or check out states webpage.
Hope this helps
Kevin
Abydos
I am not sure whether this is the correct forum but if not someone maybe able to help.Due to health I am pretty well confined to house ,and so watch a lot of DVD's this is becoming quite expensive a friend has told me there are programmes wherein you can watch DVD:S on your computer at no cost.I have already used one of these programmes and the movies although free were older than me so if anyone could assist me would be very appreciative>Thanking you one and all
Hi DougB
The problem with streaming DVD's that aint old, is that it is rarely legal. And most websites streaming those kind of movies are doing so with either ripped versions, cam-cord footage and the like. So by supporting such sites, one is supporting crime. So altho the page itself may be doing nothing wrong, the upload place they are linking to are. I don't know the laws on this in Australia, but in Denmark, showing copyrighted material for free is a crime, unless given a clear go by the authors or producers.
So the idea of contacting your local / states library is a good idea.
Have you tried some of the free internet TV sites out there? There are plenty who streams / links to satelite channels for free, not only movies, but also sports, entertainment, kids-channels, tv-series and much more.
Just bear in mind, that many tv-sites makes their living through ad's, but if thats no hinder, I can make a link-list of fully legal tv-webpages for you to check out if you want.
Regards Abydos
Doug
Hi Abydos,
My compliments to you, on a well thought and well stated post.
Couldn't agree with you more.
Best Regards,
Doug
My compliments to you, on a well thought and well stated post.
Couldn't agree with you more.
Best Regards,
Doug
Abydos
Well
Thanks for the compliment Doug 
DaChew
May 26 2007, 08:50 PM

Doug
Ummmhhh….. Good point, DaChew.
……
But then again, Abydos's post still merits the compliment.
And kevin_czarnota's suggestion is also well put and thoughtful.
Who knows? The OP or someone else may still benefit.
Doug
But then again, Abydos's post still merits the compliment.
And kevin_czarnota's suggestion is also well put and thoughtful.
Who knows? The OP or someone else may still benefit.
Doug
Abydos
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI