This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

.exe Files Are Now .exe Document Files - Please Help!

17 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

As soon as I hit enter I got a msg. regedit.exe: This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel. It's like my computer doesn't know what to do with .exe files.
I'm getting the same messages. If I run it - "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel." If I save it - you know how it comes up with the file name box and the file type box? Well - there are two options. One is ".zip Document" and the other is "All files". Why is it adding "Document"? Saving it both ways - when I try to run it - I get the same msg as above.
do this:
ALT/CTRL/DEL keys at the same time and bring up Taskmanager. In the lower right coner, select New Task, type in Control Panel and tap enter.

Now try:

2. Click Tools> Folder Options> File Types> New
2. In the open window (file extenion) type in exe
3. Click Advanced> in Associated File Type, you want Application.
After typing "control panel" in the Open box: Same message: This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action….
Download the fileassoc.txt file here (you may want to right click and select Save As). Look up the file extension that you wish to correct. The entries are in the format of:

assoc.txt=txtfile

Use your mouse to copy the line for the association you wish to restore. Then click Start, Run and enter CMD A Command Prompt window will open. Right click in this Window and select Paste. Then press Enter
Well - I tried to open the command prompt and it didn't work. So I restarted my computer in safe mode with command prompt. I tried typing what you said but it said "Error occurred while processing: .exe." But then I decided to see what I could do with the command prompt. I found the DAFT.exe file and ran it. I saved the log - I know where it is - but don't know how to make a copy to paste here. I also found HijackThis.exe and ran it also. I saved that log too - but don't know how to post it here. I also found a virus scan that I had downloaded. It is Avast4. I was able to run it (it took hours), found lots of stuff - adware, worms, and trojans. I cannot find the log file in DOS anywhere and I cant even find the .exe file to open the program up again. I could only find the setup.exe. I think that was how I started the first scan. Obviously, nothing is fixed. The Avast program doesn't just scan - it stops when it finds something and wants you to tell it what to do - I finally told it to "move to chest" everytime it found something. But now I cant find the info it found. Do you know of another virus scanner I should download (now that I know how to start it). Thank you so much for your help so far.

I also found HijackThis.exe and ran it also. I saved that log too - but don't know how to post it here.

Open HijackThis and select: Do a system scan and save a log file.

When the scan is finished, Click Edit> Select All> Edit> Copy> and paste its contents here
Well - I redid the scan. My problem is I can't open it unless I am in safe mode with the command prompt and I enter . Then I have to restart my computer so I could get on line. The log file is on my desktop right now - Nothing happens when click on it, but when I right click it - and view properties it does show as a log file but it says it opens with an unknown application. When I click the change button - notepad is highlighted, I click ok, but it still says unknown application.
Didn't work. In safe mode with networking - i couldn't connect to the internet. My browser would open, but I couldn't connect. In normal mode - I guess I'm getting connected automatically - because when I open my browser - I'm already connected. Also, in safe mode - its still windows and that's where my problem seems to be - I can't open any programs in windows.
Download AVG Anti-Spyware from HERE and save that file to your
desktop.

Reboot your computer in Safe Mode.
  • If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power.
  • Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.
  • Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.
  • Ensure that the Safe Mode option is selected.
  • Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.
  • Login on your usual account.
______________________________

Open the SmitfraudFix Folder
select the "Scanner" icon at the top of
the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.
[*]Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then

select "Delete".
[*]Under "Reports"
  • Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"
  • Un-Select "Only if threats were found"


    Open the SmitfraudFix Folder, then double-click smitfraudfix.cmd file to start the tool.
    Select option #2 - Clean by typing 2 and press Enter.
    Wait for the tool to complete and disk cleanup to finish.
    You will be prompted : "Registry cleaning - Do you want to clean the registry ?" answer Yes by typing Y and hit Enter.

    [external image: Posted Image]


    The tool will also check if wininet.dll is infected. If a clean version is found, you will be prompted to replace wininet.dll. Answer Yes to the question "Replace infected file ?" by typing Y and hit Enter.

    A reboot may be needed to finish the cleaning process, if you computer does not restart automatically please do it yourself manually. Reboot in Safe Mode.

    The tool will create a log named rapport.txt in the root of your drive, eg: Local Disk C: or partition where your operating system is installed. Please post that log along with all others requested in your next reply.
    ______________________________

    Clean out your Temporary Internet files. Proceed like this:
    • Quit Internet Explorer and quit any instances of Windows Explorer.
    • Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet Options.
    • On the General tab, click Delete Files under Temporary Internet Files.
    • In the Delete Files dialog box, tick the Delete all offline content check box , and then click OK.
    • On the General tab, click Delete Cookies under Temporary Internet Files, and then click OK.
    • Click on the Programs tab then click the Reset Web Settings button. Click Apply then OK.
    • Click OK.
    Next Click Start, click Control Panel and then double-click Display. Click on the Desktop tab, then click the Customize Desktop button. Click on the Web tab. Under Web Pages you should see a checked entry called Security info or something similar. If it is there, select that entry and click the Delete button. Click Ok then Apply and Ok.

    Empty the Recycle Bin by right-clicking the Recycle Bin icon on your Desktop, and then clicking Empty Recycle Bin.
    ______________________________

    Close ALL open Windows / Programs / Folders. Please start AVG Anti-Spyware, and run a full scan.
    • IMPORTANT: Do not open any other windows or
      programs while AVG Anti-Spyware is scanning, it may interfere with the scanning proccess:
    • Lauch AVG Anti-Spyware by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.
    • Select the "Scanner" icon at the top and then the "Scan" tab
      then click on "Complete System Scan".
    • ewido will now begin the scanning process, be patient this may take a little
      time.
      Once the scan is complete do the following:
    • If you have any infections you will prompted, then select "Apply all
      actions
      "
    • Next select the "Reports" icon at the top.
    • Select the "Save report as" button in the lower left hand of the
      screen and save it as a text file on your Desktop (make sure to remember where you saved that file, this is important).
    Close AVG Anti-Spyware and Reboot in Normal Mode.

    ______________________________

    Let me know if that worked
    ______________________________
Ok - I got the logs! I've go the HJT log and then the text file from doing that daft thing. I emailed them to myself - Then I couldn't copy and paste - but my Yahoo has something called a briefcase - which I saved to - then opened and was able to copy and paste! I actually downloaded the AVG Antispyware last night and did a scan. I don't remember the smitfraudfix folder. Is that something different than just a regular scan? Shall I do it again following your steps?

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:01:08 PM, on 5/6/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\OPXPApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…/search/ie.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://att.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://att.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant = http://www.websearch.com/ie.aspx?tb_id=50038
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…/search/ie.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://att.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.exactsearch.net/sidesearch
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://search.search-exe.com/nph-search.cg…=stmpl1&fw=
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
O2 - BHO: MyWebSearch Search Assistant BHO - {00A6FAF1-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\SrchAstt\1.bin\MWSSRCAS.DLL (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {0733925A-001E-D9E4-1CD2-262D182DA1C8} - C:\Program Files\inscdm\mgpenoahjs.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: mwsBar BHO - {07B18EA1-A523-4961-B6BB-170DE4475CCA} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSBAR.DLL (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: AOL Toolbar Launcher - {7C554162-8CB7-45A4-B8F4-8EA1C75885F9} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O2 - BHO: QuickSearch SearchBar - {82315A18-6CFB-44a7-BDFD-90E36537C252} - C:\Program Files\QuickSearch\QuickSearchBar3_28.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: My Web Search Bar BHO - {8EAB99C1-F9EC-4b64-A4BA-D9BCAE8779C2} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearchWB\bar\1.bin\W6BAR.DLL (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BDDDAA5A-00D4-1CD8-0096-D62438608CF0} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {D4D505DF-D582-400c-91B6-84921012AFE3} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: SidebarAutoLaunch Class - {F2AA9440-6328-4933-B7C9-A6CCDF9CBF6D} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\YSidebarIEBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {69135BDE-5FDC-4B61-98AA-82AD2091BCCC} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: QuickSearch SearchBar - {82315A18-6CFB-44a7-BDFD-90E36537C252} - C:\Program Files\QuickSearch\QuickSearchBar3_28.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: ICQ Toolbar - {855F3B16-6D32-4fe6-8A56-BBB695989046} - C:\Program Files\ICQToolbar\toolbaru.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {DE9C389F-3316-41A7-809B-AA305ED9D922} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: WeatherBug Browser Bar - powered by MyWebSearch - {8EAB99C9-F9EC-4b64-A4BA-D9BCAE8779C2} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearchWB\bar\1.bin\W6BAR.DLL (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CamMonitor] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Unload\hpqcmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb08.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DeviceDiscovery] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [FilterGate] C:\PROGRA~1\FILTER~1\filtergate.exe /ASK
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [kdx] C:\WINDOWS\kdx\KHost.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSBkgdUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" -Embedding -boot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PaperPort PTD] C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IndexSearch] C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\IndexSearch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SetDefPrt] C:\Program Files\Brother\Brmfl04a\BrStDvPt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ControlCenter2.0] C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter2\brctrcen.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Bcfzuif] C:\Program Files\Nhmkmbb\Bhah.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UserFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -u
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MyWebSearch Email Plugin] C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\mwsoemon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] __"C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"__
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Mediafour Mac Volume Notifications] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Mediafour\MACVNTFY.EXE" /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Mediafour XPlay Tray Notification Icon] C:\Program Files\Mediafour\XPlay\XPTRYICN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MDDiskProtect.exe] C:\Program Files\Mediafour\MacDrive\MDDiskProtect.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CXMon] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PhotoSmart\Photo Imaging\Hpi_Monitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YBrowser] C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PinnacleDriverCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\PSDrvCheck.exe -CheckReg
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YOP] C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\YOP\yop.exe /autostart
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NVIEW] rundll32.exe nview.dll,nViewLoadHook
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Billminder.lnk = C:\Program Files\QUICKEN\billmind.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: MiniEYE-MiniREAD Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Infinite Mind LC\eyeQ\ARLaunch.exe
O4 - Global Startup: MyWebSearch Email Plugin.lnk = C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSOEMON.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Scheduled Updates.lnk = C:\Program Files\QUICKEN\bagent.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Startup.lnk = C:\Program Files\QUICKEN\QWDLLS.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: SBC Self Support Tool.lnk = C:\Program Files\SBC Self Support Tool\bin\matcli.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Updates from HP.lnk = C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\137903\Program\BackWeb-137903.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\npjpi150.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\npjpi150.dll
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {3369AF0D-62E9-4bda-8103-B4C75499B578} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O9 - Extra button: AT&T Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: World Poker Exchange - {76028735-BBF1-4044-8DE2-5B90F0C7A77C} - C:\Program Files\WorldPokerExchange\GameClient.exe
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra button: 7Sultans Poker - {FD7CF1CF-331A-4d9e-A3D8-82BC1B1861DA} - C:\Program Files\7SultansMPP\MPPoker.exe
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: Yahoo! Pool 2 - http://download2.games.yahoo.com/games/clients/y/poti_x.cab
O16 - DPF: {1239CC52-59EF-4DFA-8C61-90FFA846DF7E} (Musicnotes Viewer) - http://www.musicnotes.com/download/mnviewer.cab
O16 - DPF: {1D4DB7D2-6EC9-47A3-BD87-1E41684E07BB} - http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/nocache/funwe…up1.0.0.8-2.cab
O16 - DPF: {231B1C6E-F934-42A2-92B6-C2FEFEC24276} (yucsetreg Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yucconfig.dll
O16 - DPF: {2AF5BD25-90C5-4EEC-88C5-B44DC2905D8B} (DownloadManager Control) - http://dlmanager.akamaitools.com.edgesuite…vex-2.0.5.1.cab
O16 - DPF: {2B323CD9-50E3-11D3-9466-00A0C9700498} (Yahoo! Audio Conferencing) - http://us.chat1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/cha…v45/yacscom.cab
O16 - DPF: {2B4F4FA8-814A-11D7-B31B-0002A500B281} (FASetupStart Control) - http://software.fullaudio.com/fullaudio/3.0.0.18/setup.cab
O16 - DPF: {2B96D5CC-C5B5-49A5-A69D-CC0A30F9028C} (MiniBugTransporterX Class) - http://download.weatherbug.com/minibug/tri…Transporter.cab?
O16 - DPF: {2F5B39C5-C6F5-447A-A946-48B382C53985} - http://www.pacimedia.com/install/pcs_0002.exe
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (Installation Support) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {39B0684F-D7BF-4743-B050-FDC3F48F7E3B} (FilePlanet Download Control Class) - http://www.fileplanet.com/fpdlmgr/cabs/FPDC_1_0_0_44.cab
O16 - DPF: {47CD99DF-8BCF-4B9B-94EF-02E51B2F79DA} - http://www.alwaysupdatednews.com/install/aun_0032.exe
O16 - DPF: {4855C21B-E452-4661-A702-ED3493CE74DF} - http://sp.ask.com/docs/toolbar/download/askbar-inst.cab
O16 - DPF: {4A3CF76B-EC7A-405D-A67D-8DC6B52AB35B} (QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class) - http://aolcc.aol.com/computercheckup/qdiagcc.cab
O16 - DPF: {4C39376E-FA9D-4349-BACC-D305C1750EF3} (EPUImageControl Class) - http://tools.ebayimg.com/eps/wl/activex/EP…ol_v1-0-3-9.cab
O16 - DPF: {5F8469B4-B055-49DD-83F7-62B522420ECC} (Facebook Photo Uploader Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/Facebo…otoUploader.cab
O16 - DPF: {75565ED2-1560-4F15-B841-20358DE6A0D1} (ImageControl Class) - http://content.ancestry.com/asfiles/files/…ll/MFImgVwr.cab
O16 - DPF: {861DB4B6-3838-11D2-8E50-002018200E57} (MrSIDI Control) - http://images.myfamily.net/isfiles/downloads/MrSIDI.cab
O16 - DPF: {8D03D9B4-46B9-401A-983A-5F482CC9625D} (pressplay download control v2.5) - http://admin.pressplay.com/client/plugin/axdownload.cab
O16 - DPF: {90C9629E-CD32-11D3-BBFB-00105A1F0D68} (InstallShield International Setup Player) - http://admin.pressplay.com/duet/registration/isetup.cab
O16 - DPF: {AED98630-0251-4E83-917D-43A23D66D507} (WebHandler Class) - http://activex.microgaming.com/DLhelper/ve…n7/dlhelper.cab
O16 - DPF: {C0B285F6-DB2B-4908-9C58-F6D95397D747} - http://www.pacimedia.com/install/pcs_0006.exe
O16 - DPF: {D8089245-3211-40F6-819B-9E5E92CD61A2} (FlashXControl Object) - https://register3.valueactive.com/mpp_229/w…OCX/FlashAX.cab
O16 - DPF: {DDFFA75A-E81D-4454-89FC-B9FD0631E726} - http://www.bundleware.com/activeX/DS3/DS3.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/popc…aploader_v6.cab
O16 - DPF: {F54C1137-5E34-4B95-95A5-BA56D4D8D743} (Secure Delivery) - http://www.gamespot.com/KDX/kdx.cab
O16 - DPF: {FE5D6722-826F-11D5-A24E-0060B0F1A5AE} (Tukati Launcher) - http://www.tukati.com/software/4/1.7.20.20/tukati.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: MacDrive-iTunes compatibility - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Mediafour\MacDriveiTunesPatch.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: OPXPGina - C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\opxpgina.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: Brother Popup Suspend service for Resource manager (brmfrmps) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Brmfrmps.exe" -service (file missing)
O23 - Service: BrSplService (Brother XP spl Service) - brother Industries Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\brsvc01a.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Softex OmniPass Service (omniserv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\Omniserv.exe
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
O23 - Service: YPCService - Yahoo! Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\YPCSER~1.EXE

DAFT Log saved on 2007-05-05 21:44:41
———————————————————————–
.bat - - shell\open\command - unable to read key
.bat - - shell\edit\command - unable to read key
.cmd - - shell\open\command - unable to read key
.cmd - - shell\edit\command - unable to read key
.chm - - shell\open\command - unable to read key
.com - - shell\open\command - unable to read key
.exe - - shell\open\command - unable to read key
.hlp - - shell\open\command - unable to read key
.inf - - shell\open\command - unable to read key
.ini - - shell\open\command - unable to read key
.js - - shell\open\command - unable to read key
.lnk - - CLSID - unable to read key
.pif - - shell\open\command - unable to read key
.reg - - shell\open\command - unable to read key
.reg - - shell\edit\command - unable to read key
.scr - - shell\open\command - unable to read key
.txt - - shell\open\command - unable to read key
.vbs - - shell\open\command - unable to read key
.vbs - - shell\edit\command - unable to read key
1.Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
2.Next, open Add/Remove Programs and remove if listed:
MyWebSearch
MyWebSearch Bar
WorldPokerExchange
7SultansMPP
Viewpoint


Run hijackthis. Hit None of the above, Click Do a System Scan Only. Put a Check in the box on the left side on these:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…/search/ie.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant = http://www.websearch.com/ie.aspx?tb_id=50038
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…/search/ie.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.exactsearch.net/sidesearch
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://search.search-exe.com/nph-search.cg…=stmpl1&fw=
O2 - BHO: MyWebSearch Search Assistant BHO - {00A6FAF1-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\SrchAstt\1.bin\MWSSRCAS.DLL (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {0733925A-001E-D9E4-1CD2-262D182DA1C8} - C:\Program Files\inscdm\mgpenoahjs.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: mwsBar BHO - {07B18EA1-A523-4961-B6BB-170DE4475CCA} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSBAR.DLL (file missing)
O2 - BHO: QuickSearch SearchBar - {82315A18-6CFB-44a7-BDFD-90E36537C252} - C:\Program Files\QuickSearch\QuickSearchBar3_28.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: My Web Search Bar BHO - {8EAB99C1-F9EC-4b64-A4BA-D9BCAE8779C2} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearchWB\bar\1.bin\W6BAR.DLL (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BDDDAA5A-00D4-1CD8-0096-D62438608CF0} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {D4D505DF-D582-400c-91B6-84921012AFE3} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {69135BDE-5FDC-4B61-98AA-82AD2091BCCC} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: QuickSearch SearchBar - {82315A18-6CFB-44a7-BDFD-90E36537C252} - C:\Program Files\QuickSearch\QuickSearchBar3_28.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: WeatherBug Browser Bar - powered by MyWebSearch - {8EAB99C9-F9EC-4b64-A4BA-D9BCAE8779C2} - C:\Program Files\MyWebSearchWB\bar\1.bin\W6BAR.DLL (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Bcfzuif] C:\Program Files\Nhmkmbb\Bhah.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UserFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -u
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MyWebSearch Email Plugin] C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\mwsoemon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NVIEW] rundll32.exe nview.dll,nViewLoadHook
O4 - Global Startup: MyWebSearch Email Plugin.lnk = C:\Program Files\MyWebSearch\bar\1.bin\MWSOEMON.EXE
O9 - Extra button: World Poker Exchange - {76028735-BBF1-4044-8DE2-5B90F0C7A77C} - C:\Program Files\WorldPokerExchange\GameClient.exe
O9 - Extra button: 7Sultans Poker - {FD7CF1CF-331A-4d9e-A3D8-82BC1B1861DA} - C:\Program Files\7SultansMPP\MPPoker.exe
O16 - DPF: {2B96D5CC-C5B5-49A5-A69D-CC0A30F9028C} (MiniBugTransporterX Class) - http://download.weatherbug.com/minibug/tri…Transporter.cab?
O16 - DPF: {2F5B39C5-C6F5-447A-A946-48B382C53985} - http://www.pacimedia.com/install/pcs_0002.exe
O16 - DPF: {47CD99DF-8BCF-4B9B-94EF-02E51B2F79DA} - http://www.alwaysupdatednews.com/install/aun_0032.exe
O16 - DPF: {4855C21B-E452-4661-A702-ED3493CE74DF} - http://sp.ask.com/docs/toolbar/download/askbar-inst.cab
O16 - DPF: {8D03D9B4-46B9-401A-983A-5F482CC9625D} (pressplay download control v2.5) - http://admin.pressplay.com/client/plugin/axdownload.cab
O16 - DPF: {90C9629E-CD32-11D3-BBFB-00105A1F0D68} (InstallShield International Setup Player) - http://admin.pressplay.com/duet/registration/isetup.cab
O16 - DPF: {AED98630-0251-4E83-917D-43A23D66D507} (WebHandler Class) - http://activex.microgaming.com/DLhelper/ve…n7/dlhelper.cab
O16 - DPF: {C0B285F6-DB2B-4908-9C58-F6D95397D747} - http://www.pacimedia.com/install/pcs_0006.exe
O16 - DPF: {D8089245-3211-40F6-819B-9E5E92CD61A2} (FlashXControl Object) - https://register3.valueactive.com/mpp_229/w…OCX/FlashAX.cab
O16 - DPF: {DDFFA75A-E81D-4454-89FC-B9FD0631E726} - http://www.bundleware.com/activeX/DS3/DS3.cab
O16 - DPF: {F54C1137-5E34-4B95-95A5-BA56D4D8D743} (Secure Delivery) - http://www.gamespot.com/KDX/kdx.cab
O16 - DPF: {FE5D6722-826F-11D5-A24E-0060B0F1A5AE} (Tukati Launcher) - http://www.tukati.com/software/4/1.7.20.20/tukati.
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

Close ALL windows and browsers except HijackThis and click "Fix checked"


Delete this File if listed:
C:\Program Files\Nhmkmbb\Bhah.exe


Delete this Folder if listed:
C:\Program Files\Nhmkmbb



Empty Recycle Bin

Reboot in Normal Mode if possible and "copy/paste" a new HijackThis log file into this thread.

Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI