This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Homeportal Gui Unavailable

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey guys here's one for you to think about.

I have dsl with a 2wire homeportal wireless router.

I have been using this computer (wireless laptop) on the network for a year with no problems, able to log into the user interface for the homeportal by typing homeportal or the ip of 172.16.0.1 into the address line of a web browser (you know the game).

Till Now!

I am now unable to log into or even view the GUI as when I try I get a "Problem loading page" or "Connection has timed out.

I have cycled the power on the box. Still nothing. Even tried to access the GUI via a desk top connected by cat5 and nothing.

Internet works fine as you see and I have been able to ping 172.16.0.1, gateway.2wire.net

Please help. Could it be a hijacker? Think I should junk it and get a new router/dsl modem? Below is what the tech said from 2wire.

KZ

P.S. It did seem to start after making a firewall change on the router some time ago. However not sure exactly when because I don't log into the GUI daily.


**********************************

Dear let-me-see,
Thank you for contacting 2Wire Customer Support. The following is intended to answer your inquiry:

- Browse to gateway.2wire.net/management
- Click 'Resets' on the left hand side.
- Click 'Reset to Factory State', click 'continue' and wait for the HomePortal to reset.
- Browse to gateway.2wire.net/setup and follow the onscreen directions.
- If prompted for a keycode, you can find one at 2wire.com/?p=268


If this response has not answered your question or resolved your issue you may visit our support Website at support.2wire or reply to this email.

Thank You,
Charles
2Wire Customer Support

does the router have a external reset switch or button in the back? you might try to reset to factory defaults that way. any changes to the router you made you would have to make them again after the reset. i would reboot modem, router and computer after the reset.
no it doesn't have a reset button on the back…. I think I am going to junk it as it only connects at 11.0Mbps. I thank you for your thoughts… I guess I kinda needed to vent.. As their support was not that helpful and SBC said to call them. Oh well thanks again! Keep up the good work.
Hi let-me-see,

A couple of comments here:

I've never "liked" the 2-wire router/modem that SBC sends with the package when you subscribe to their service.
But it is a competent router/modem.

You may or may not have tried the following:

On the bottom of the 2-wire router/modem, you will see "instructions" for installing/configuring the router/modem.

I've had good experience with running those instructions to get the 2-wire unit operating again.
Sometimes, I've found that it just needs to be run "periodically".
Other times, if the owner/user physically moves their machine or connects it via a different telephone jack, the configuration needs to be run again.

Like I said before, I don't necessarily "like it" but doing the configuration routine has worked several times for me.

As Shelf Life states, you may have to set additional configuration for your own particular network.

Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI