This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Computer Error With Blue Screen

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 9:52:16 AM, on 4/11/2007 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414) I believe this is the info you wanted us to poet of the Hijackthis log. I want to give you even more info. I have Dell Dimenesion 8300. I have recently upgraded my memorey from 512 to 3.25 gig. I have change the paging 768 to 2048. I have a Pentinum 4 2.8. Ok I think you have all the info you need to start. What is happening is my computer will just shut down and give me a blue screen with an error message. It says "Page fault in nonpage aera". Then there is this "sTOP: 0X00000050 (0XC0A40BIC, 0X00000000, 0X804E8D74, 0X00000002)" Today it happen while I was surfing. Last week I tried to run spysweep and McAfee and got the above message. After the first time I downloaded Spybot search and destroy. It found some stuff that I got ride of. I was hopeing that was the end untill today. Any thing you can do to help would be greatly apprecated. Thanks for you help.
Thanks for the reply. Yes I did forget to say at start up I get a message that says "system battery voltage is low". I rarely turn off my computer and just for got to mention this.
Is this a laptop or desktop?

Most Stop Errors occur due to recent software or hardware changes, where the installation was not completed correctly or the hardware or software creates a conflict due to incompatibility.

This particular Error Code: STOP: 0X00000050 can refer to a couple of things due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

So what could it be?

Possibly the RAM sticks were not completely "seated" when you installed them?
You probably made sure it was the correct type of physical RAM?
__________

Possibly the new RAM has changed the machines configuration, such that other "memory intensive" components may need to have their drivers removed and reinstalled…….. think Video Adapter Driver.

Possibly a software that uses a great deal of memory needs to be reinstalled….. Think AntiVirus Applications.
_________

The STOP: 0X00000050 Error can also refer to Malware Infection, read here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894278
__________

-I'd walk through the physical installation of the RAM sticks first, to be sure that they are all fully and firmly installed.

-Then I'd consider removing the new RAM and running on the old. If the Error does not re-occur with the old RAM, then you may have purchased the wrong type of RAM or one/more of the new RAM sticks are faulty from manufacturer. Rare, but it happens.

Have you ever used MemTest86 for the testing of RAM? I'd use MemTest86 if I found that the old RAM worked without error message, and the new RAM provoked the Error again.

-Then I'd check Device Manager for any yellow or red warnings listed next to Drivers, (particularly Video Adapter)
I'd even remove and reinstall the Video Adapter Driver just to make sure.

- Then I'd consider the possibility of the malware (root-kit type) as mentioned in the MS Link above.

Keep us posted with your progress and additional questions.

Best Regards
Thanks for the reply. I had the memory sticks installed. I did not do it my self. I thought this was over my head. I would think that when the sticks were installed they ran a test like you said you would. I do not know why I am thinking it could be Malware installed in hiden file. I will look into this and I will call the people who installed the memory sticks. Before I go I left the computer on last night and I shut down then rebooted up. Something is going on. Thanks for the help I keep you posted.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI