You might try uninstalling Windows Media Player and then download and install the latest version.
Windows Media Player 11
The reason we call it Malware is because it stands for Malicious Ware, sometimes even if the bad stuff is removed it could and does at times leave some damage.
Your log looks fine Malware wise so I would suggest posting at Tom Coyotes OTHER COMPUTER PROBLEMS and see if they can help you. Be sure to tell them you posted here and that your log is fine, you can link them to it by copy and pasting the link into your post. This forum is for Malware removal only and they will be better equipped to help you as this now appears as a windows problem.
Are you mad ? I mean really mad, seething mad, so mad your ready to spit, mad that you have taken your hard earned dollars to buy a computer only to have some Miscredents, Dirt Bags and Cyber Criminals install a malicious program on your computer without your knowledge or consent. You can post your complaint at the above site. If you live in the U.S.A. you can also report your grievance to your State Attorney Generals Office and the Federal Trade Commission's Bureau of Consumer Protection.
How did I get infected in the first place ? Read these links and find out how to prevent getting infected again.
- Tutorial for System Restore <-- Do this first to prevent yourself from being reinfected.
- Tom Coyote
- TonyKlein CastleCops
- Grinler BleepingComputer
- Geeks To Go
Here are some free programs to install, don't leave home without them
- Spybot Search and Destroy 1.4
Check for Updates/ Immunize and run a Full System Scan on a regular basis.
- Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.06
Check for Updates and run a Full System Scan on a regular basis.
- Spyware Blaster It will prevent most spyware from ever being installed.
- Spyware Guard It offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts.
- Win Patrol This program will warn you when any changes are being made to your system and give you the option to deny the change.
IE-Spyad places over 4000 web sites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.
- Firefox 2.0 It has more features and is a lot more secure than IE. It is a very easy and painless download and install, it will no way interfere with IE, you can use them both.
- Zone Alarm Here is a free Firewall from Zone Labs, I wouldn't access the internet without it.