If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power.
Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.
Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.
Ensure that the Safe Mode option is selected.
Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.
Login on your usual account.
Fix the line using HJT while in Safe Mode and then reboot into Normal Mode - this may be the solution. Let me know.
HOORAY!
Well something happend….My computer is running fine, my homepage has changed to blank. The only thing now is that. It is staying at blank. I have tried to move my homepage to default and it starts as a blank page. I tried to change the homepage to MSN.com and it comes up as blank.
So, if you have anymore suggestions for this one I would appreciate it, but, I want to thank you very much for all your help in this endeavor. You all are wonderful, thank you so much…!!!!!!!
You've got a whole malware removal forum looking at this thread, so don't thank me for any success - I ran out of ideas a while ago! .
It's possible that you are fighting with Norton, or so i'm told, so try the following and see where that gets you:
Open your Norton Internet Security, click on options at the top, then click Norton Anti-Virus. Look on the left side with the 3 columns. Under the Internet section at the bottom is Home Page protection. uncheck the box at the top, and change your homepage.
Let me know how you get on.
O.K. so I will thank everybody in the forum who has helped me. I have actually learned a little bit. So, my homepage is fixed now, all is working properly. The Norton was the problem.
I shall miss coming home from work and seeing if I have a message from you!
Thanks again!!
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.
Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.