Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Lost Microsoft Word 2000 Product Key Code

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lsehbruce

lsehbruce

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:36 AM

Hi, I have had to reinstall my operating system and am trying to reinstall Microsoft Word 2000. It is asking me for a 25 key code, which I do not have. ( I do not have original cd envelope) How can I get around this, I cannot use Word otherwise it seems. Thanks!

Edited by shelf life, 12 March 2007 - 03:05 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 03:31 PM

Hi, Sorry to hear you have lost the keycode for your Microsoft Word 2000. If you have ever run and printed out your computer system info the 25 digit code will be showed there, so check all your old paperwork. Programs like, Belarc, Si Soft Sandra, SIW, Everest etc all give the key code and you will have probably printed out this information sometime. If you have a disc image then you could restore this then use one of the above to identify the key code. Otherwise its just a question of going through all your back up files to see if/where you recorded it. If you are still stuck and you cannot find the original documentation that came with the program then the retailer you bought the program from may be able to help; Microsoft are also very helpful in these circumstances provided you acquired the application legitimately and can show for example the purchase receipt. If you have no luck here then there is no legitimate way of installing and using the application. If you decide that your only option is to purchase the application again then it's worth considering buying the Microsoft Works package as its half the price (at least) of the stand alone Word product and includes other useful programmes. Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 shelf life

shelf life

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:04 PM

if you didnt do a clean reinstall (reformat) the info could still be buried in the registry.

http://office.micros...1508341033.aspx

its not a good idea to post email addresses in a public forum. (bot bait)

Edited by shelf life, 12 March 2007 - 03:11 PM.

How Can I Reduce My Risk?

#4 lsehbruce

lsehbruce

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:07 PM

How do I find it in the registry? Thanks about the email tip ....oops!

#5 shelf life

shelf life

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:12 PM

How do I find it in the registry?

follow that link and click on the plus sign by "how do I find the productID"
How Can I Reduce My Risk?