Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

I Need Help. Errors!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#31 Susan528

Susan528

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:39 PM

I am very sorry. I thought PCPitstop would help but it has become a quagmire! Let's forget it and please do the following:

You can disable some unnecessary startups.
To do this, perform next:

Go to start > run and type: msconfig and click Okay
Select the tab: Startup

There you will see all the programs starting up with windows.
Some are not needed and can also cause a system slowdown.
That's why it's a good idea to disable certain ones by unchecking them. DO NOT DISABLE ALL OF THEM

You can always access these programs by going to your startmenu > all programs or start them manually via the Programs Folder where they are present.
You can always enable them afterwards again.

Next are not needed to start with windows:
  • WT GameChannel
  • UpdReg
  • TkBellExe
  • AHQInit
  • AdaptecDirectCD
  • QuickTime Task
  • SunJavaUpdateSched
  • Webshots.lnk = C:\Program Files\Webshots\Launcher.exe
  • Adobe Gamma Loader
  • Adobe Reader Speed
  • Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
  • Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders
Generally the above are not required but you may decide that you would prefer some to startup with windows.

After reboot, you'll get a message that something was modified in your System Configuration. Check the box there where it says not to display this message again.
========

Although Incredimail is considered to be a legitimate program that people install intentionally, please read this information regarding Incredimail very carefully and use you best judgment in deciding if you want to keep this program on your computer or not.
The use of Incredimail opens your system to attacks, and in the User Agreement, claims permanent ownership of everything sent through their mail service. See the full article.
It may be worthwhile to fix it with HijackThis. To uninstall Incredimail:
  • Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
  • In Control Panel, double-click Add or Remove Programs.
  • In Add or Remove Programs, highlight Incredimail , click Remove.
  • Close the Add or Remove Programs and the Control Panel windows.
This is the item to fix in HijackThis:
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IncrediMail] C:\INCRED~1\bin\IncrediMail.exe /c

=================
WeatherBug is installed on your computer. It is technically not spyware but the free version is adware supported. Its removal is recommended, but it is up to you whether you want to do so.

An ad free alternative is Weather Pulse:
http://tropicdesigns...eatherpulse.php

In order to avoid future problems with Weatherbug, make sure the program is not running before uninstalling it.
If there is a WeatherBug icon in the system tray (in the lower right hand corner of the screen) right-click on it and choose "Exit WeatherBug" or "Terminate Weatherbug".
Once the program is closed, then remove it easily from the Add or Remove Programs section of the Control Panel by following these steps:

Go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs
In the list of currently installed programs, select:
WeatherBug
Click: Remove

Scan with HijackThis. Place a check against each of the following:
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [IncrediMail] C:\Program Files\IncrediMail\bin\IncMail.exe /c
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Weather] C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe 1
Close all windows or browsers except for Hijackthis. Click on Fix Checked when finished and exit HijackThis.

Using Windows Explorer, locate the following files/folders, and delete them:
C:\Program Files\AWS\<=folder
C:\Program Files\IncrediMail\bin\<=folder

Exit Explorer

Post (reply) with a fresh HijackThis log. Please let me know if you have seen improvements.
Posted Image

Proud member of ASAP since 2005

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Come join us in the Class Room and learn how.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#32 Starwalker

Starwalker

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 03:06 AM

Hi, I will work on it early tomorrow. I have to have a weather service for fast access. If I pay the subscription for Weatherbug. Would that be better than the free version? I have tried Weather Pulse and I didn't like it. Is there another one to try that is close the the Weatherbug configuration? My husband is a Owner/Operator and I give him weather conditions throughout the USA everyday to every other day. The Incredimail I use basically because I love the emoticons and it makes emailing more fun...lol Wow, I just read that about incredimail. Maybe I'll just copy some emoticons and insert them as pics.

#33 Susan528

Susan528

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:34 PM

How is it going? Did you get things cleared up?
Posted Image

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

#34 Starwalker

Starwalker

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:31 AM

Ok, Did the start up turn offs. I additionally stopped the Lexmark from starting. Here's a HJT log. I need to get rid of Yahoo messenger again. If I could access my Bookmarks from Favorites I could unistall Yahoo Toolbar again.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:26:36 AM, on 4/3/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\devldr32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\lxbkbmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Password Manager\AcctMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Ghost\GhostStartTrayApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\lxbkbmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Ghost\GhostStartService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\NORTON~2\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\NORTON~2\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\INCRED~1\bin\IMApp.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Lynne\Desktop\Virus & Adware Scanners\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.yahoo.com/search/ie.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.c...//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/?rs=1
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://us.rd.yahoo.c...//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.c...rch/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.c...//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://us.rd.yahoo.c...//www.yahoo.com
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PrinTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\lexmarklexmark_x7328e0\printray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AcctMgr] C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Password Manager\AcctMgr.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GhostStartTrayApp] C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Ghost\GhostStartTrayApp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Encarta Encyclopedia - {2FDEF853-0759-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTM
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Encarta Encyclopedia - {2FDEF853-0759-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTM
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Define - {5DA9DE80-097A-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_DEF.HTM
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Define - {5DA9DE80-097A-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_DEF.HTM
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O16 - DPF: YExplorer1_8US.CAB -
O16 - DPF: {0742B9EF-8C83-41CA-BFBA-830A59E23533} (Microsoft Data Collection Control) - https://support.micr...veX/MSDcode.cab
O16 - DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} (PCPitstop Utility) - http://www.pcpitstop...p/PCPitStop.CAB
O16 - DPF: {2E12FB00-546B-4EE3-9CC2-057BF02E1C17} (Webshots Multiple Media Uploader - Container) - http://community.web...wsaxcontrol.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.syma...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoft...free/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE28D5D2-60CF-4C7D-9FE8-0F47A3308078} - http://www.symantec....rl/SymAData.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{2D9C8D79-7F42-402C-95E7-8B764A8522A8}: NameServer = 206.74.254.2,204.116.57.2
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
O23 - Service: GhostStartService - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Ghost\GhostStartService.exe
O23 - Service: InCD Helper (read only) (InCDsrvR) - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~2\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\NORTON~2\NPROTECT.EXE
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Antivirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~2\NORTON~2\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

Sorry for the delay. I haven't been online alot. We are trying to get ready for a move. I have about 150 chickens and 47 breeds to get ready. 7 horses, 2 mini horses. Lordy, a lot to get done. :blink:

#35 Starwalker

Starwalker

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:33 AM

Oh, I would like to get rid of Incrediamil. I made folders in there with important info. How can I move the info I need to uninstall?

#36 Starwalker

Starwalker

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:26 AM

Incident Status Location Adware:adware/powerscan Not disinfected Windows Registry Adware:Adware/Startpage.RF Not disinfected C:\!KillBox\search.inf Potentially unwanted tool:Application/Processor Not disinfected C:\WINDOWS\system32\Process.exe

#37 Susan528

Susan528

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 10:14 AM

Hi Starwalker,

I hope you do not have to move far!

I am not an Incredimail user so unfortunately I do not know much about it. :( But have you decided what you are going to use for emails? I have done some searches and I have found information about exporting folders to Outlook Express for example. So what I would recommend is before you uninstall Incredimail, you decide on what email application you plan to use, then try to export the Incredimail information into that email application, then uninstall Incredimail.

=================
Please set your system to show all files; please see here if you're unsure how to do this.

Reboot into Safe Mode: please see here if you are not sure how to do this.

Using Windows Explorer, locate the following files/folders, and delete them:
C:\!KillBox\<=folder
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Process.exe<=file

Exit Explorer, and reboot as normal afterwards.

================
Please download RegScan.
Within RegScan.zip you will find the file regscan.vbs
You may have to allow this script to run or disable anti-spyware again in order for it to run.
A window will open titled RegFinder.vbs and you will see place to input search terms.
Please enter the search terms:
powerscan
After the search has completed a window titled Results.txt will open.
Please copy the results and post(reply) back.

Edited by Susan528, 04 April 2007 - 10:14 AM.

Posted Image

#38 Susan528

Susan528

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 03:54 PM

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoy...showtopic=31418

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php
Posted Image