I was hit with a major virus called something like "vxga8me8.exe" and I was cleaning out my laptop. However, I noticed that when I booted into Safe Mode, I see that there is an "administration" account besides myself. This is strange since noone uses this computer but me and I have never set up any account on it but my own. I'm affraid that my machine has been hijacked and any passwords I was typing while visiting websites were recorded??? Is it possible that some hacker inplanted a malware into my computer and record or control my machine without me knowing at all? Please explain and advice me on how to erase this unknown administrative account. I cannot seem to delete it no matter what. Thanks in advance for your help.
Not to worry.
All XP systems include (1) one main Administrator Account in addition to any User Accounts that the owner may create.
Most folks never "see" that Administrator Account, unless they boot into SAFE Mode, where it appears by Default. Ordinarily it does not appear when logging in to Normal Mode, though most XP systems allow it to appear in Normal Mode if the owner applies ctrl-alt-del keys during boot.
You will also see it in: C:\Documents and Settings\Adminitrator, listed along with C:\Documents and Settings\(your own UserName), and maybe C:\Documents and Settings\Guest.
Don't "delete" that default Administrator Account. It is there by design.
Many people "disable" the Guest Account, and that's OK to do if you have one.
Best Regards