This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Evil Websites

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I am new here, and maybe I missed it, but is there a list of notoriously evil websites or programs? :unsure: If there isn't one on this forum, is there somewhere else I can find one such list? If there are currently no lists to help us stay away from all those evil things, maybe one could/should be created on this forum? :scratch: I know there are sites and programs out there that are notorious for giving you a little extra, but for some reason are usually very popular to the uninformed.
Hi brennaluet :wavey:

There are a couple of really good ways to keep from going to known bad sites.

I recommend IE-SPYAD and SpywareBlaster.

Neither one of these programs take up resources (other than a small amount of disk space).

Another good resource is the MVPS Host file.

Does this help you out?

m
I did install the programs, hoping for extra protection, but it was not quite what I was looking for. After installing the programs, I did find a list of bad sites. I was thinking of more of a list that people could just browse to see if the sites they visit are on a list of bad sites. Either way, now I know I will not go to any of those evil sites. Thank you! :thumbup:
There is no one definitive list that I know of.

Did you see the text listing on the MVPS.org?

Also keep in mind the lists may be well behind in keeping up with the seemingly unlimited list of evil places to visit.

m

I am new here, and maybe I missed it, but is there a list of notoriously evil websites or programs? :unsure: If there isn't one on this forum, is there somewhere else I can find one such list? If there are currently no lists to help us stay away from all those evil things, maybe one could/should be created on this forum? :scratch: I know there are sites and programs out there that are notorious for giving you a little extra, but for some reason are usually very popular to the uninformed.


I think its time to check your security system. Even with SpywareBlaster, you could not get rid of the evil sites ?