This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD

5 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I had some difficulty following your links so I went directly to Atribune.org and downloaded the ATF-cleaner (version 3). Ran it with no difficulties, rebooted, and still same crash in McAffee Virus Scan.

I had some difficulty following your links

Yes my web site has been down of about 12 hrs. sorry it was down when I posted.

Click \start\run\then type in or copy and paste in

sfc /scannow not the space between c and /


You must be logged on as a member of the Administrators group to run sfc.

If sfc discovers that a protected file has been overwritten, it retrieves the correct version of the file from the
%systemroot%\system32\dllcache folder, and then replaces the incorrect file.

Try this link if you have any trouble.

http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html
I think I just solved my problem. I decided to do some cleanup and remove applications I don't use anymore. The first of these is a virtual disc application which I had used to create a RAM drive which has been on the system for more than a year. I uninstalled it and rebooted and McAffee virus scan now runs fine.
Yes. Thanks so much for your help. I've learned quite a bit, have a much cleaner system and have picked up some great new tools. I especially like ATF Cleaner and RegSeeker. Again Thanks
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI