Hi, Can someone explaine to me when you would use a "Printable" disc? I bought a pack thinking that they would work with my (finally bought) lightscribe capable writer, and found out that they don't work. So when do you use them? - I asked the guy at Radio Shack and he said he didn't know, that they don't sell that well, and that's why they were on clearence [par for the course in asking someone at Radio Shack]. I did buy a pack of lightscribe capable discs, but I see that they are "gold" colored and probably won't take the color of the designs as well as the white "printable" would. When I went to the "help" of my writer program, it lead me to believe that with a "program update" it might make it work with other types of discs - however when I went to the website, my version wasn't listed. The disc writer is installed on my home computer - running XP; not the 2000 Professional shown on my profile.
You know, that's what my son said you would use them for. I have an HP printer, and the paper goes "up and around". Does yours work differently? Do you have to have a special printer to do this? If I change the printer settings, do things work differently? My HP is an all-in-one – there wasn't much of an instruction book as far as I remember, did I miss some feature of it?
I have an Epson R200 printer, which has a tray that slides in from the front,(the normal paper feeds from the back), you place the disc on this tray and use the epson print CD program to set up the text or picture to be printed..this is a link to a picture of the R200. Its hosted on photobucket.. Hope this helps you..
Thank You - I don't think my printer does that. I looked all over, plus I went to the program help center and searched all of the different instructions and I don't see where I can do that with mine. Gives me something to look for in a printer though. Thanks again.