bbedo
Topic Starter
I'm currently a Slyware Cadet, and based on what I've learned, I've been able to fix a few computers for friends. I have one though that has me stumped… Can anyone help?
Before I got started, the computer would hardly run. It runs much better now, but I still have at least three issues:
1. Upon bootup, I get a message saying that RUNDLL cannot find a certain DLL to run.
2. When I go to IE, I get this search200 site. I can't find evidence of this hijack… grr…
3. HijackThis will only run in Safe Mode, I can't get it to open in Normal Mode.
Any help that could be offered would be appreciated!
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:01:55 AM, on 1/23/2007
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)
Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\HJT\HijackThis.exe
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {EA81CA6C-8522-9234-6363-15D2D7368858} - C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\APPLIC~1\WaveWay\Great heck.exe
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINNT\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINNT\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINNT\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Hot Key Kbd 9910 Daemon] SK9910DM.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Portfolio] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WksSb.exe /AllUsers
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WorksFUD] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\wkfud.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CapFax] C:\Program Files\PhoneTools\CapFax.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tgcmd] "c:\program files\Support.com\bin\tgcmd.exe" /server /nosystray /deaf
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GWMDMMSG] GWMDMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft schedule] scheds.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Shedule Manager] C:\WINNT\Psvc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [transcurbtimedoes] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Hold Byte Trans Curb\knob license.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Compd Service Drivrs] codq.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Microsoft schedule] scheds.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Windows Shedule Manager] C:\WINNT\Psvc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [WinServ 32] winserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Compd Service Drivrs] codq.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Event Planner Reminders Tray Icon.lnk = C:\SIERRA\Planner\PLNRnote.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINNT\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: Jungle Gin by pogo - http://gin.pogo.com/applet-5.8.3.26/gin/gin-ob-assets.cab
O16 - DPF: Mah Jong Garden by pogo - http://mahjong2.pogo.com/applet-5.8.1.28/m…g-ob-assets.cab
O16 - DPF: Squelchies by pogo - http://squelchies.pogo.com/applet/squelchi…s-ob-assets.cab
O16 - DPF: Tumble Bees by pogo - http://jumbee.pogo.com/applet-5.8.3.26/jum…e-ob-assets.cab
O16 - DPF: Word Whomp by pogo - http://whomp.pogo.com/applet/wordwhomp/wor…p-ob-assets.cab
O16 - DPF: {2B323CD9-50E3-11D3-9466-00A0C9700498} - http://us.chat1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/cha…v45/yacscom.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1169046188201
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1169045354498
O16 - DPF: {7D1E9C49-BD6A-11D3-87A8-009027A35D73} - http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yacsui.cab
O16 - DPF: {8714912E-380D-11D5-B8AA-00D0B78F3D48} (Yahoo! Webcam Upload Wrapper) - http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yuplapp.cab
O16 - DPF: {89D75D39-5531-47BA-9E4F-B346BA9C362C} (CWDL_DownLoadControl Class) - http://www.callwave.com/include/cab/CWDL_DownLoad.CAB
O16 - DPF: {A82C3A33-5C0E-466C-B020-71585433A7E4} (PhxStudent.OeSetup15) - https://ecampus.wintu.edu/secure/PhxStudent15.CAB
O16 - DPF: {E504EE6E-47C6-11D5-B8AB-00D0B78F3D48} (Yahoo! Webcam Viewer Wrapper) - http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yvwrctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control 4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/bin/msnchat45.cab
O23 - Service: PictureTaker - Unknown owner - c:\fixit\pt\PCTKRNT.SYS (file missing)
Before I got started, the computer would hardly run. It runs much better now, but I still have at least three issues:
1. Upon bootup, I get a message saying that RUNDLL cannot find a certain DLL to run.
2. When I go to IE, I get this search200 site. I can't find evidence of this hijack… grr…
3. HijackThis will only run in Safe Mode, I can't get it to open in Normal Mode.
Any help that could be offered would be appreciated!
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:01:55 AM, on 1/23/2007
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)
Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\HJT\HijackThis.exe
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {EA81CA6C-8522-9234-6363-15D2D7368858} - C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\APPLIC~1\WaveWay\Great heck.exe
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINNT\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINNT\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINNT\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Hot Key Kbd 9910 Daemon] SK9910DM.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Portfolio] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WksSb.exe /AllUsers
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WorksFUD] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\wkfud.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CapFax] C:\Program Files\PhoneTools\CapFax.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tgcmd] "c:\program files\Support.com\bin\tgcmd.exe" /server /nosystray /deaf
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GWMDMMSG] GWMDMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft schedule] scheds.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Shedule Manager] C:\WINNT\Psvc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [transcurbtimedoes] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Hold Byte Trans Curb\knob license.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Compd Service Drivrs] codq.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Microsoft schedule] scheds.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Windows Shedule Manager] C:\WINNT\Psvc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [WinServ 32] winserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Compd Service Drivrs] codq.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Event Planner Reminders Tray Icon.lnk = C:\SIERRA\Planner\PLNRnote.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINNT\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: Jungle Gin by pogo - http://gin.pogo.com/applet-5.8.3.26/gin/gin-ob-assets.cab
O16 - DPF: Mah Jong Garden by pogo - http://mahjong2.pogo.com/applet-5.8.1.28/m…g-ob-assets.cab
O16 - DPF: Squelchies by pogo - http://squelchies.pogo.com/applet/squelchi…s-ob-assets.cab
O16 - DPF: Tumble Bees by pogo - http://jumbee.pogo.com/applet-5.8.3.26/jum…e-ob-assets.cab
O16 - DPF: Word Whomp by pogo - http://whomp.pogo.com/applet/wordwhomp/wor…p-ob-assets.cab
O16 - DPF: {2B323CD9-50E3-11D3-9466-00A0C9700498} - http://us.chat1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/cha…v45/yacscom.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1169046188201
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1169045354498
O16 - DPF: {7D1E9C49-BD6A-11D3-87A8-009027A35D73} - http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yacsui.cab
O16 - DPF: {8714912E-380D-11D5-B8AA-00D0B78F3D48} (Yahoo! Webcam Upload Wrapper) - http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yuplapp.cab
O16 - DPF: {89D75D39-5531-47BA-9E4F-B346BA9C362C} (CWDL_DownLoadControl Class) - http://www.callwave.com/include/cab/CWDL_DownLoad.CAB
O16 - DPF: {A82C3A33-5C0E-466C-B020-71585433A7E4} (PhxStudent.OeSetup15) - https://ecampus.wintu.edu/secure/PhxStudent15.CAB
O16 - DPF: {E504EE6E-47C6-11D5-B8AB-00D0B78F3D48} (Yahoo! Webcam Viewer Wrapper) - http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yvwrctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control 4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/bin/msnchat45.cab
O23 - Service: PictureTaker - Unknown owner - c:\fixit\pt\PCTKRNT.SYS (file missing)