This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Help! Computer acting strange!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just booted my machine a second ago and it's like making this strange noise, I couldn't tell if it was the fan making noise or what but to be on the safe side I ran Hijack This and now posting this log so someone can see if they see anything suspicious. After I ran the scan I saw two entries I went ahead and fixed, they were those same two Local page entries(believe it's what you call that About Home nuisance) like I've had before where I posted a Hijack log and was told to get rid of those so there gone now. Can someone take a look and see if you see anything else I need to be concerned about…thanks!


Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:18:18 AM, on 1/19/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\NSClean\BOClean\BOCORE.exe
C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Soft4Ever\looknstop\looknstop.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NSClean\BOClean\BOC422.exe
C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.6\THGuard.exe
C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe
C:\Program Files\AnalyzeIt\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Look 'n' Stop] "C:\Program Files\Soft4Ever\looknstop\looknstop.exe" -auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BOC-422] C:\PROGRA~1\NSClean\BOClean\BOC422.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.6\THGuard.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nod32kui] "C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe" /WAITSERVICE
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1168973942436
O23 - Service: BOCore - Privacy Software Corporation - C:\Program Files\NSClean\BOClean\BOCORE.exe
O23 - Service: NOD32 Kernel Service (NOD32krn) - Eset - C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI