This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Install

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Got an urge to play warcraft 2, but when i try to install it on xp, all that happens is it starts the install screen, then closes. So I tried running compatability wizard, and that wouldnt work. Did some research and the only thing i could see was to try DOSBox. However I can't get that program to work properly with this game. Do you guys happen to know of anyway that I can install this game? Running windows xp professional sp2
i'm glad you can read. Its WAR CRAFT 2. not WOW. two completely different games. I managed to get the install to work by messing around with some stuff, but now when i run it, WC2 asks for vesa drivers. i checked support for WC2, but what they suggest doesn't work becuase they video detection program won't auto detect, and it doesn't have my video card on the list to choose from. any idea's with this?
i had same problems. i cant remember what i did.. but i wrote to blizzard and asked.. they told me.. No need to be sarcastic towards LDTate

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI