This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Adobe Flash Player

34 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI


Let's make sure your system is clean to rule out any possibility of malware. Please post back the results of all of the following:

  • If you have no antivirus program, you leave your system very vulnerable. Please make sure you don't have an antivirus program already installed on your system, as this can cause serious system problems. Download and install one of the following free antivirus applications:Perform an update of the virus definitions and run a full system scan. The interfaces should be easy enough to figure out. I can help if you need it, but I am most knowledgeable with Antivir.
  • Next, you'll want to run and update Ad-Aware, doing a full system scan.
  • Finally, download and install Spybot - Search & Destroy. When you run it for the first time, it will walk you through a number of steps. Please perform all of these steps and accept the default settings.

    Once installation is completed, complete the following steps before running Search & Destroy:
    • Click Mode|Advanced Mode
    • In the left pane, click Settings
    • Click Ignore Products
    • In the All Products tab, right-click and click Deselect all
    • Click Spybot-S&D, Search & Destroy, and Check for problems
    The scan may take a while, please fix all problems it returns, and let me if anything cannot be fixed.
Thanks,

Ax

I have norton spyware on my yahoo toolbar, is that anti-virus?

Spybot says custom installation, full installationd and full install for blind uses. WHich one? Here is my email addy, might be easier to communicate with questions. If you don't want to, that is fine.
You might want to edit your last reply and either remove your email or insert it using the "Insert Email" button in the reply box. You'll want to do a full installation of Spybot.



Let's make sure your system is clean to rule out any possibility of malware. Please post back the results of all of the following:

  • If you have no antivirus program, you leave your system very vulnerable. Please make sure you don't have an antivirus program already installed on your system, as this can cause serious system problems. Download and install one of the following free antivirus applications:Perform an update of the virus definitions and run a full system scan. The interfaces should be easy enough to figure out. I can help if you need it, but I am most knowledgeable with Antivir.
  • Next, you'll want to run and update Ad-Aware, doing a full system scan.
  • Finally, download and install Spybot - Search & Destroy. When you run it for the first time, it will walk you through a number of steps. Please perform all of these steps and accept the default settings.

    Once installation is completed, complete the following steps before running Search & Destroy:
    • Click Mode|Advanced Mode
    • In the left pane, click Settings
    • Click Ignore Products
    • In the All Products tab, right-click and click Deselect all
    • Click Spybot-S&D, Search & Destroy, and Check for problems
    The scan may take a while, please fix all problems it returns, and let me if anything cannot be fixed.
Thanks,

Ax

I have norton spyware on my yahoo toolbar, is that anti-virus?

Spybot says custom installation, full installationd and full install for blind uses. WHich one? Here is my email addy, might be easier to communicate with questions. If you don't want to, that is fine.

I am downloading all updates, hope I am supposed to do that! I dont see insert email in the reply box.
When you hit "Add Reply" or "Quote", there is an image that looks like this:
[external image: Posted Image]

If you can't find it, just put and tags around your email.

What antivirus did you decide on and did it find any viruses?




Let's make sure your system is clean to rule out any possibility of malware. Please post back the results of all of the following:

  • If you have no antivirus program, you leave your system very vulnerable. Please make sure you don't have an antivirus program already installed on your system, as this can cause serious system problems. Download and install one of the following free antivirus applications:Perform an update of the virus definitions and run a full system scan. The interfaces should be easy enough to figure out. I can help if you need it, but I am most knowledgeable with Antivir.
  • Next, you'll want to run and update Ad-Aware, doing a full system scan.
  • Finally, download and install Spybot - Search & Destroy. When you run it for the first time, it will walk you through a number of steps. Please perform all of these steps and accept the default settings.

    Once installation is completed, complete the following steps before running Search & Destroy:
    • Click Mode|Advanced Mode
    • In the left pane, click Settings
    • Click Ignore Products
    • In the All Products tab, right-click and click Deselect all
    • Click Spybot-S&D, Search & Destroy, and Check for problems
    The scan may take a while, please fix all problems it returns, and let me if anything cannot be fixed.
Thanks,

Ax

I have norton spyware on my yahoo toolbar, is that anti-virus?

Spybot says custom installation, full installationd and full install for blind uses. WHich one? Here is my email addy, might be easier to communicate with questions. If you don't want to, that is fine.

I am downloading all updates, hope I am supposed to do that! I dont see insert email in the reply box.

You said do advance mode and a prompt tells me– advance mode can harm my system if i don't know what I am doing, and I don't!

When you hit "Add Reply" or "Quote", there is an image that looks like this:
[external image: Posted Image]

If you can't find it, just put and tags around your email.

What antivirus did you decide on and did it find any viruses?

Im still on spybot!





Let's make sure your system is clean to rule out any possibility of malware. Please post back the results of all of the following:

  • If you have no antivirus program, you leave your system very vulnerable. Please make sure you don't have an antivirus program already installed on your system, as this can cause serious system problems. Download and install one of the following free antivirus applications:Perform an update of the virus definitions and run a full system scan. The interfaces should be easy enough to figure out. I can help if you need it, but I am most knowledgeable with Antivir.
  • Next, you'll want to run and update Ad-Aware, doing a full system scan.
  • Finally, download and install Spybot - Search & Destroy. When you run it for the first time, it will walk you through a number of steps. Please perform all of these steps and accept the default settings.

    Once installation is completed, complete the following steps before running Search & Destroy:
    • Click Mode|Advanced Mode
    • In the left pane, click Settings
    • Click Ignore Products
    • In the All Products tab, right-click and click Deselect all
    • Click Spybot-S&D, Search & Destroy, and Check for problems
    The scan may take a while, please fix all problems it returns, and let me if anything cannot be fixed.
Thanks,

Ax

I have norton spyware on my yahoo toolbar, is that anti-virus?

Spybot says custom installation, full installationd and full install for blind uses. WHich one? Here is my email addy, might be easier to communicate with questions. If you don't want to, that is fine.

I am downloading all updates, hope I am supposed to do that! I dont see insert email in the reply box.

You said do advance mode and a prompt tells me– advance mode can harm my system if i don't know what I am doing, and I don't!

spybot running. The will have DSL up to full speed in a week and then I will use the Antivir. I had AVG and it made my computer almost stand still. I have to much to do to be slowed down. Just this is killing me! But I am so grateful for your help, direction and patience with me!





Let's make sure your system is clean to rule out any possibility of malware. Please post back the results of all of the following:

  • If you have no antivirus program, you leave your system very vulnerable. Please make sure you don't have an antivirus program already installed on your system, as this can cause serious system problems. Download and install one of the following free antivirus applications:Perform an update of the virus definitions and run a full system scan. The interfaces should be easy enough to figure out. I can help if you need it, but I am most knowledgeable with Antivir.
  • Next, you'll want to run and update Ad-Aware, doing a full system scan.
  • Finally, download and install Spybot - Search & Destroy. When you run it for the first time, it will walk you through a number of steps. Please perform all of these steps and accept the default settings.

    Once installation is completed, complete the following steps before running Search & Destroy:
    • Click Mode|Advanced Mode
    • In the left pane, click Settings
    • Click Ignore Products
    • In the All Products tab, right-click and click Deselect all
    • Click Spybot-S&D, Search & Destroy, and Check for problems
    The scan may take a while, please fix all problems it returns, and let me if anything cannot be fixed.
Thanks,

Ax

I have norton spyware on my yahoo toolbar, is that anti-virus?

Spybot says custom installation, full installationd and full install for blind uses. WHich one? Here is my email addy, might be easier to communicate with questions. If you don't want to, that is fine.

I am downloading all updates, hope I am supposed to do that! I dont see insert email in the reply box.

You said do advance mode and a prompt tells me– advance mode can harm my system if i don't know what I am doing, and I don't!

I did it all, and it is spying now! Is Opera faster than IE?

Let's make sure your system is clean to rule out any possibility of malware. Please post back the results of all of the following:

  • If you have no antivirus program, you leave your system very vulnerable. Please make sure you don't have an antivirus program already installed on your system, as this can cause serious system problems. Download and install one of the following free antivirus applications:Perform an update of the virus definitions and run a full system scan. The interfaces should be easy enough to figure out. I can help if you need it, but I am most knowledgeable with Antivir.
  • Next, you'll want to run and update Ad-Aware, doing a full system scan.
  • Finally, download and install Spybot - Search & Destroy. When you run it for the first time, it will walk you through a number of steps. Please perform all of these steps and accept the default settings.

    Once installation is completed, complete the following steps before running Search & Destroy:
    • Click Mode|Advanced Mode
    • In the left pane, click Settings
    • Click Ignore Products
    • In the All Products tab, right-click and click Deselect all
    • Click Spybot-S&D, Search & Destroy, and Check for problems
    The scan may take a while, please fix all problems it returns, and let me if anything cannot be fixed.
Thanks,

Ax


Spy bot fixed all 24 problems. Thank you so very, very much. You are a wonderful person to help me out. I will install your anti-virus soon. I am downloading Opera as I type! Millions of thanks again! :)
You are very welcome. Does this mean the issue you originally posted about has been resolved? If not, would you like to continue seeking a solution?

You are very welcome. Does this mean the issue you originally posted about has been resolved? If not, would you like to continue seeking a solution?

No I just deleted the files from the tools and it uninstalled it again. I was thankful for getting help to clean my machine! Oh well, I guess I have to delete temp files using the CCleaner and forget about using IE tools/ options/delete files. I don't know why it is still doing it, but I don't want to take up anymore of your time.
That's no problem at all. Whether we continue is completely up to you. I may have one other thing for you to try as of now, but I'll leave that up to you. Let me know if Antivir catches any viruses. With Pleasure, Ax

That's no problem at all. Whether we continue is completely up to you. I may have one other thing for you to try as of now, but I'll leave that up to you. Let me know if Antivir catches any viruses.

With Pleasure,

Ax

I will try anything you can offer, but please only when you have time. I have taken up too much already!
OK, well since you said the computer was from your sister's company, there might be a policy in place that prevents the permanent installation of ActiveX components. I may not be on for a while, so I won't go into the details right now.

In the meantime, could you please go to http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/default.asp and perform the set of PC PitStop Full Tests and then post a TechExpress Link here? You will have to register to be able to get a link.

Thanks,

Ax

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI