This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Adobe Flash Player

34 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Thanks for the background information. I may not have been very clear on my last question. Click on the Settings button on the General tab in Internet Options. Please tell me what it says for the current location of the Temporary Internet files folder. You can also let me know the other settings too, if you wish.

Thanks

Thanks for the background information. I may not have been very clear on my last question. Click on the Settings button on the General tab in Internet Options. Please tell me what it says for the current location of the Temporary Internet files folder. You can also let me know the other settings too, if you wish.

Thanks

C:/documents and Settings/Administrator/Local Settings/Temorary Internet files.

Is that what you meant? I am so sorry I so stupid when it comes to this.

Yes, that's what I meant. Does the Flash file still get deleted if you don't select "Delete all offline content"?

Yes, I just did it and it uninstalled it. ARRG. Now to uninstall and reinstall for the 4th time! This is so nerve racking. You must be blue in the face too with all this. You don't have to worry about, I hate to take up all your time. I guess I'll just have to clean my files once a week instead of daily and uninstall and re-install every time. I don't know what else to do. :(
No, don't worry about me, I'm fine. In settings, you can set the amount of disk space to use to 100 MB and this should eliminate the need to clean out your temp files every time. I'm still looking for a reason why it removes the flash component though. I'll post back if I find any more information. Ax

No, don't worry about me, I'm fine. In settings, you can set the amount of disk space to use to 100 MB and this should eliminate the need to clean out your temp files every time. I'm still looking for a reason why it removes the flash component though. I'll post back if I find any more information.

Ax

You are so kind, thank you so MUCH for helping me. I will set to 100MB util this gets resolved! If ever. Guess there are worse things in life. Like the ice storm that is supposed to hit here again. But that's Texas weather for ya! Take care until we speak again. :wavey:

Do you have any antivirus, anti-spyware, or any other security programs installed?

I have adaware on my desktop, but have only used it once. Also CCleaner which I use on occasion and free windows registy cleaner on my desktop. I guess they are programs?
Let's make sure your system is clean to rule out any possibility of malware. Please post back the results of all of the following:
  • If you have no antivirus program, you leave your system very vulnerable. Please make sure you don't have an antivirus program already installed on your system, as this can cause serious system problems. Download and install one of the following free antivirus applications:Perform an update of the virus definitions and run a full system scan. The interfaces should be easy enough to figure out. I can help if you need it, but I am most knowledgeable with Antivir.
  • Next, you'll want to run and update Ad-Aware, doing a full system scan.
  • Finally, download and install Spybot - Search & Destroy. When you run it for the first time, it will walk you through a number of steps. Please perform all of these steps and accept the default settings.

    Once installation is completed, complete the following steps before running Search & Destroy:
    • Click Mode|Advanced Mode
    • In the left pane, click Settings
    • Click Ignore Products
    • In the All Products tab, right-click and click Deselect all
    • Click Spybot-S&D, Search & Destroy, and Check for problems
    The scan may take a while, please fix all problems it returns, and let me if anything cannot be fixed.
Thanks,

Ax

Let's make sure your system is clean to rule out any possibility of malware. Please post back the results of all of the following:

  • If you have no antivirus program, you leave your system very vulnerable. Please make sure you don't have an antivirus program already installed on your system, as this can cause serious system problems. Download and install one of the following free antivirus applications:Perform an update of the virus definitions and run a full system scan. The interfaces should be easy enough to figure out. I can help if you need it, but I am most knowledgeable with Antivir.
  • Next, you'll want to run and update Ad-Aware, doing a full system scan.
  • Finally, download and install Spybot - Search & Destroy. When you run it for the first time, it will walk you through a number of steps. Please perform all of these steps and accept the default settings.

    Once installation is completed, complete the following steps before running Search & Destroy:
    • Click Mode|Advanced Mode
    • In the left pane, click Settings
    • Click Ignore Products
    • In the All Products tab, right-click and click Deselect all
    • Click Spybot-S&D, Search & Destroy, and Check for problems
    The scan may take a while, please fix all problems it returns, and let me if anything cannot be fixed.
Thanks,

Ax

My computer runs so slow, that is why I don't use any of these. They are intalling fiber optic cables right now so i can run more than 302. These will slow my puter until my DSL is up to speed, or not? I was told these all make the puter slower, and I can't afford it any slower. Is it true that it makes it slower? If not, I can do them now.

Let's make sure your system is clean to rule out any possibility of malware. Please post back the results of all of the following:

  • If you have no antivirus program, you leave your system very vulnerable. Please make sure you don't have an antivirus program already installed on your system, as this can cause serious system problems. Download and install one of the following free antivirus applications:Perform an update of the virus definitions and run a full system scan. The interfaces should be easy enough to figure out. I can help if you need it, but I am most knowledgeable with Antivir.
  • Next, you'll want to run and update Ad-Aware, doing a full system scan.
  • Finally, download and install Spybot - Search & Destroy. When you run it for the first time, it will walk you through a number of steps. Please perform all of these steps and accept the default settings.

    Once installation is completed, complete the following steps before running Search & Destroy:
    • Click Mode|Advanced Mode
    • In the left pane, click Settings
    • Click Ignore Products
    • In the All Products tab, right-click and click Deselect all
    • Click Spybot-S&D, Search & Destroy, and Check for problems
    The scan may take a while, please fix all problems it returns, and let me if anything cannot be fixed.
Thanks,

Ax

I have norton spyware on my yahoo toolbar, is that anti-virus?

Nope, that shouldn't matter.

I used the CCleaner to delete my temp files and the flash is still okay!!! :) . Will the AVG slow my puter? It seems to, or am I crazy.

A friend just told me that MSN is having flash problems and since I use IE that is why. I hate firefox because when I open multiple windows, they overlap. I like IE because I can cascade my windows. Otherwise I would have switched. What do you use?
Good to hear about CCleaner, it must just be a facility in Internet Explorer that is causing the problem.

AVG could make your system slower, Antivir is a little easier on resources (and has better detection ratings), so I'd suggest using that instead if you are worried.

As far as a browser, I use Opera.

Have you worked through my list yet?

Good to hear about CCleaner, it must just be a facility in Internet Explorer that is causing the problem.

AVG could make your system slower, Antivir is a little easier on resources (and has better detection ratings), so I'd suggest using that instead if you are worried.

As far as a browser, I use Opera.

Have you worked through my list yet?

I am doing Adaware as we speak. :) I had 13 items I quarantined.
Now to spybot

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI