Do you have any suggestion on anti-virus suite - I was running norton internet security however it crashed when I installed spybot for some reason - thus the infection - now not only i cannot install norton on anymore, i have lost the remainder of my subscription.
are there any shareware / freeware anti virus suites?
thanks
Hi
AntiVir is a bit lighter than avast! and seems to have a good heuristic engine (recognizes new viruses efficiently with heuristics). Also AntiVir has performed a bit better than avast! in tests. Avast! checks updates more often than AntiVir and sometimes update servers for AntiVir might be busy.
So, if I have to choose, my choice would be AntiVir (I have used it myself earlier for 3 years)
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.
Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.