This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

My Dear HijackThis Logs...

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I realized a few hours ago that I couldn't change my internet explorer home page.Also Run Command disappeared from start menu and can not return by Windows+R command.Through my search I discovered this useful programme.I made a scan and saved my log.But I dont know which of these are the reasons of this problem? If you help me out about this I will be grateful. :( So, see you around.


Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 03:26:11, on 09.01.2007
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\LckFldService.exe
C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
C:\Program Files\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall\outpost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Erkan\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…/search/ie.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaul…rch/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,Shellnext = http://www.winamp.com/getwinamp/
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_5_0.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_5_0.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_5_0.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nod32kui] "C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe" /WAITSERVICE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Outpost Firewall] "C:\Program Files\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall\outpost.exe" /waitservice
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OutpostFeedBack] C:\Program Files\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall\feedback.exe /dump:os_startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE" -quiet
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Outpost Firewall Pro Quick Tune (HKLM)
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{F40975CB-F0AE-4138-9AB3-1D1B14A8C321}: NameServer = 10.0.0.2
Anyone will help me? :unsure:


I realized a few hours ago that I couldn't change my internet explorer home page.Also Run Command disappeared from start menu and can not return by Windows+R command.Through my search I discovered this useful programme.I made a scan and saved my log.But I dont know which of these are the reasons of this problem? If you help me out about this I will be grateful. :( So, see you around.


Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 03:26:11, on 09.01.2007
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\LckFldService.exe
C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
C:\Program Files\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall\outpost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Erkan\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…/search/ie.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaul…rch/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,Shellnext = http://www.winamp.com/getwinamp/
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_5_0.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_5_0.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_5_5_0.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nod32kui] "C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe" /WAITSERVICE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Outpost Firewall] "C:\Program Files\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall\outpost.exe" /waitservice
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OutpostFeedBack] C:\Program Files\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall\feedback.exe /dump:os_startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE" -quiet
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Outpost Firewall Pro Quick Tune (HKLM)
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{F40975CB-F0AE-4138-9AB3-1D1B14A8C321}: NameServer = 10.0.0.2

Sorry for the delay :oops:
If you still need help and haven't posted at another forum.

Download and install AVG Anti-Spyware (ewido). Then scan and save the log from the scan.
Instructions and download link can be found here.

Then run this online scan. Save the report.

Rescan with HJT and post a new log with the results from AVG .
Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI