This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Desktop Icon Text Background problem

17 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Read all these posts had the same problem…HERE IS THE FIX no doubt!


Registered just to give it to you….cause it was killing me TOO!


>To make background transparent behind the text under your desktop icons you must
>not have any web items on your desktop. Right click on your desktop, click "Properties",
>select the "Desktop" tab, at the bottom left of this tab click on "Customize Desktop",
>this will open a new window called "Desktop Items", in this new window select the
>"Web" tab and make sure that there are no items checked in the "Web pages:" frame.

DELETE THEM>>>>>


Yeah baby it HELPED!

Thanks a lot :)
Hi Nimsha, Sorry to hear that the trouble remains. I think you might be best to pin your hopes on the fix provided by LD Tate, presumably this is the one you refer to, as the long fix? If this is the one then, just a suggestion, but if you print out the fix, put it in front of your machine and follow each step carefully, checking before you execute each of the steps to make absolutely sure you're right, then there's a good chance of success. It may look on first sight a little daunting, but if you tackle it bit by bit then you should be OK. Give it a try and if you get stuck or are unclear on anything then post back and we will try and interpret for you or if we are really stuck we can contact LDTate on your behalf. Good luck Regards paws

no :(
Out of everything that was suggested, nothing works.
I haven't tried that really long fix though, I didn't understand it.


Try to delete in that WEB box this only non-active website and it will work. First I did'nt make it but then it went okay. I had this problem couple of weeks and then wanted to fix this and here was the solution. Try it again and it will work.

Make screenshoot where is this WEB window and show me what are u doing.


no :(
Out of everything that was suggested, nothing works.
I haven't tried that really long fix though, I didn't understand it.


Try to delete in that WEB box this only non-active website and it will work. First I did'nt make it but then it went okay. I had this problem couple of weeks and then wanted to fix this and here was the solution. Try it again and it will work.

Make screenshoot where is this WEB window and show me what are u doing.


The delete button is grayed out in the window
If the button is grayed out, this would mean that there are no entries to delete. Nimsha, I strongly suggest you consider what paws posted, as this is a potential solution you haven't tried yet.

Kind regards,

Ax
i have been having problems too. i registered just to share what worked for me.. i rightclicked on empty desktop space, under "arrange icons by", i unchecked "lock web items on desktop" problem was solved : ) gluck
I don't have that option in my right-click menu Also, I have been lazy at the moment to work on what paws suggested. I'll try to work on it asap
click on "start" then "run" type in desk.cpl and press enter on the top of the window, click on the "desktop' tab then click on "customize desktop" click on the "web" tab on top of that window on the bottom, uncheck lock desktop items then press ok till you get back to your desktop. hopefully it will work for you as it did for me

click on "start" then "run"

type in desk.cpl and press enter

on the top of the window, click on the "desktop' tab then click on "customize desktop"

click on the "web" tab on top of that window

on the bottom, uncheck lock desktop items then press ok till you get back to your desktop. hopefully it will work for you as it did for me


I did that before I started this thread
thanks very much for trying to help though
Hi , i registered to tell you how i changed mine, i had this prob a long time ago and found an easy fix , after changing my desktop pic a few mins ago to an animated one it did it again so i ended up here looking for a solution and i found one that worked for me although i dont think any1 had told you to try this yet so here goes, goto to control panel , performance and maintenance , system , advanced , performance settings , there you have 4 options at the top of the box let windows choose whats best for my computer - adjust for best appearance - adjust for best performance - custom . if you click adjust for best appearance and hit apply , i think you'll find this fixes the prob , at least i hope so .

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI