Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Problems and Uninstalling Windows Guide

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GaryOR-LFC

GaryOR-LFC

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 05:03 PM

Please take your time to read the following:

1. Ok, My friend has recently had problems with his Wireless Internet on his PC, Plus he cannot install Windows Service Pack 2 now since he has not got Internet, He uses a Wireless G Plus Belkin Card for his Laptop 125 High Speed Mode, We have tried nearly everything but nothing helps! It states that it is available in the bottom Right-hand corner of the PC in the Start-Bar but when we put the mouse over it it states the SSD, Speed, The Signal is good, Status is Associated and the Address is 0.0.0.0. but yet it is not working! We have tried re-installing the Belkin utility but no difference is made, As I stated above he does not have Servie Pack 2, He only has 1a or Service Pack 1, We do not have the disk for Service Pack 2. Could we be missing out on somthing? If so then please get back to this Post as soon as possible because we really need to get this done quick.

Thanks a Million!!!
Gary.

Edited by LDTate, 05 January 2007 - 09:37 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:32 PM

Hi GaryOR-LFC, Let's break these into three threads, or we'll get lost stumbling all over which fix is for which problem. Please hold on, I'll get a Mod/Admin to come by to break up the post into three, if they are able to do so. Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 GaryOR-LFC

GaryOR-LFC

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:43 PM

Ok thank you. :thumbup:

#4 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:44 PM

When you tried reinstalling the software for that wireless card, did you use Control Panel Add-Remove to Uninstall the old (supposedly corrupted) software, before attempting to Re-Install? I'd start back at that point as a next best move at this time. Uninstall everything Belkin. Please realize that if this is also the computer that was used to Configure the Wireless Router you will also have to Re-configure the Wireless Router. Best Regards

#5 GaryOR-LFC

GaryOR-LFC

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:56 PM

Ok, I will start off at the start of this problem. We tried to re-install Windows XP on his PC, We removed Service Pack 2. We then re-installed Windows XP Service Pack 1a, Some files could not be copied or somthing, Well a good few files could not be copied to the PC, After ringing up Microsoft and asking for the activation for Windows we got it working, We then went on to the internet and tried downloading Windows Installer and Windows XP Service Pack 2 but it was not successfull, Then 30 minutes later the internet just stopped working, A week later, here I am now trying to fix it with everyone here on TC Forums, We got rid of everything that was Belkin on the PC and re-installed it back on but the problem just kept on occuring. Could you provide any help to that?

Edited by GaryOR-LFC, 05 January 2007 - 10:05 PM.

#6 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 10:05 PM

You mention that you are now using your Dad's good machine. Is is connected to the Internet Wirelessly?

#7 GaryOR-LFC

GaryOR-LFC

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 10:07 PM

Yes I am now on it and it is Wireless, But it is a built in Wireless Connection in the Laptop.

#8 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 10:12 PM

OK. that's probably Good News, since it indicates that at least the Wireless Router is properly configured and functioning. Therefore, you just need a clean installation of the Wireless NIC Card and a good configuration. It should be possible to simply follow the "Wizard" guide supplied by that Belkin Card's CD for installation. It might actually be "functioning" already, but the "wep" (encryption/password) step needs to be completed. No way for me to know or detect that. You'll have to walk through the installation from scratch. After reinstalling the Belkin Card, you can go to: Control Panel - Network Connections to see what the status is.