Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Assistance solicited

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kewcorsair

kewcorsair

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 09:05 AM

Good morning.... have just registered here in an attempt to solve a problem with Internet Exporer. Noting now that on each forum or topic I open there seems to be (0) users online. At any rate; the problem is that often, when closing the browser after extended use an error message window appears and must be closed, thus creating an additional redundant step. The error message is as follows & exactly as appears: The operating sytstem is XP and the machine a 2006 (build date) Toshiba notebook. iexplore.exe - Application Error The instruction at "0x62304390" referenced memory at "0x62304390", could not be "read". Although this particular topic may not be apropos of this forum, any specific assistance or redirection will be greatly appreciated. KW GMT -5

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 hammer51

hammer51

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 03:51 AM

Hi there - Try running the System File Checker

Go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in: sfc /scannow - Note that there is a space between sfc and /scannow

This will initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and replacing any problematic files it finds along the way

Failing that I would submit a HJT log to the appropiate section of the forum here at Tom Coyote and have your computer scanned for spyware to check that nothing malicious is causing the error
"Illegitimis non carborundum"

#3 kewcorsair

kewcorsair

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 05:53 PM

Hi there - Try running the System File Checker

Go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in: sfc /scannow - Note that there is a space between sfc and /scannow

This will initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and replacing any problematic files it finds along the way

Failing that I would submit a HJT log to the appropiate section of the forum here at Tom Coyote and have your computer scanned for spyware to check that nothing malicious is causing the error

#4 kewcorsair

kewcorsair

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 06:03 PM

Thanks for you interest & advice. I decided to simply flush the fly. Uninstalled IE6. Installed IE7. Uninstalled IE7. Installed IE6. Problem solved. Decided to go with 7 anyway. So d-loaded 7 again. No glitches no probs. Took ten minutes TT. If you ever find yourself in need of advice relative to the sea, vessels, global navigation, or wanderlust: feel free to contact me via email. Visit> www.easternmostmarine.com Mine. Ciao. SeaWolf ~~~~~

#5 hammer51

hammer51

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 11:24 PM

Glad your sorted there :D
"Illegitimis non carborundum"