This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

redirected internet searches --Help!

28 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

This one had the HP icon, and thisinfo: Recovery Partition Warning! This area of your hard disk (or partition) contains files used for your system recovery. Do not delete or alter these files. Any change to this partition could prevent any recovery later.
I was checking the HP site for my computer. I think the recovery disk I have is one that if I press f10 when booting, I think it runs the disk. But, I think it may be full recovery.

I was checking the HP site for my computer. I think the recovery disk I have is one that if I press f10 when booting, I think it runs the disk. But, I think it may be full recovery.

I'll beyt you're right.
Do you have another windows CD?
I know we had one that the university had issued to my daughter. I'm thinking it may still be with my her at school. I had someone use it to format her laptop that I had bought used. I'm searching my things to see if she left it here, if not, it may be Fri. night or Sat. before I can get it back to this computer.
Not sure if I asked you this before but do you have a folder neamed i386? C:\i386 Or C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI