Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

MSN Explorer Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 junior94

junior94

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 10:04 PM

Today, I keep getting an MSN error reporting pop-up that says "MSN Explorer has experienced an internal error and needs to restart." Goes on to ask whether or not I want an error report sent to Microsoft. The error report gets interrupted when I say send to Microsoft (reporting cycle never completes) and keeps popping up again, over and over. It's simply continual. When I say skip it, don't send, I still can't get to the MSN 9 start-up screen to access my mail offline. I get continual error messages this way, and simply can't get into MSN. I have MSN 9 dial-up, on Windows ME platform. Would like advice on how to troubleshoot or solve this. Anybody ever heard of this kind of problem or situation? Thanks, JR

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 05:13 PM

Hi,
Sorry to hear of the problem with MSN error report.

Microsoft acknowledge that there is a problem, especially on systems running Windows ME, and provide detailed advice on a suitable work around.

For further info go here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293623

Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 junior94

junior94

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:49 AM

Hi, I went to the KB article. I read it and I disabled the script debugging. The article talks about a specific dll file, but when I get the error message trying to get into MSN, and click on the details, my screen does not reference the pdm.dll file noted in the KB article. Anyways, I rebooted after disabling the script debugging feature, and still can't get into my MSN sign-on. As soon as I click the on the butterfly icon, it goes immediately to the error message. JR

#4 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:59 PM

The article talks about a specific dll file, but when I get the error message trying to get into MSN, and click on the details, my screen does not reference the pdm.dll file noted in the KB article.

JR,

Could you please post the error details you do receive?