This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Spooler Subsystem App

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

At bootup I got a warning window:

Data Execution: Spooler Subsystem App

I lost the ability to use any Print functions, including those from Control Panel > Printer, and various related error messages. On the kind advice of these forums I was directed to a Microsoft bulletin:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324757

I'm posting this just to let others know that - despite all the dire warnings about editing your Registry, the advice worked perfectly well, and there were no important glitches. Be glad to try and help anyone with similar problems.

Philip
Hey, Glad you got your problems sorted there, as for the system registry I would advise anyone who wishes to tackle the registry to back the registry information up first and set a restore point just in case anything does go wrong or if the advice that you apply is incorrect. (ie typo's, or deleting wrong key by accident!)

To back up the registry
Open up the windows registry editor
Select File - Export
Select the export range as all
Select the destination
Now make sure you save this to somewhere safe and easy to access !
Yes - I agree. One warning I'd like to post - I found out the hard way: Much advice suggests that you disable the XP Restore facility before tinkering - especially if you are about to kill a virus or somesuch. However, disabling Restore also deletes all previous Restore points!!! So, don't do it unless you have to. Philip

Much advice suggests that you disable the XP Restore facility before tinkering

Leave it ENABLED Never in a month of sundays disable it… !! :rant2:

System restore should be flushed out only after you are free from any malware, that way if you fluff things up you have a back up - a corrupt restore is better than none :weee:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI