This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

amaena, Winantivirus got me

25 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

After I re-booted and opened IE, Spysweeker caught and denied access from one pop-up. I had to leave for work and did not leave it on to find out if the amaena.com website was deleted or denied. I will try this afternoon and send you a follow on. Fingers crossed and many thanks to you for your time and effort in solving this. :D
Okie dokie. I've got my fingers crossed for you. I've never had this much trouble with this before. It might (must?) be some new variation of this infection. :scratch:
So far so good. I left this morning, ran disk cleanup, deleted some logs and un-installed a few of the numerous programs we used. I keep HJT, Spybot, ZoneAlarm, and I may subscribe to Spysweep unless you can recommend a better one. I do get a new window pop-up, however, the page stays blank. I dont know if one of these sypware/zonealarm programs may be "catching" it. Please Advise, and once again, I appreciate your time and effort in helping me! V/r Keith
The "blank pop-up" is kind of what I expected.

Try turning the pop-up blocker in Internet Explorer on.

It's under "Tools", at the top of the IE page.

Let me know if that supresses the blank pop-up.
:) :thumbup:
Just the one pop-up. I had to do a lot of configuring with spysweeper, zonealarm to get my networked printer to work last night. I am copying all of my files as I am very close to formatting my drive. I am thinking this is my best option, I will then install a good anti-virus/spyware from the beginning, do you agree?

I am very close to formatting my drive. I am thinking this is my best option

That's up to you.

Truthfully, I'm just stabbing in the dark here, because at this point I haven't a clue where to look for what is causing your pop-up. All the traditional tools have failed us up to this point.
:(

If I could find the reason, I could get rid of it. I just don't know how to find the culprit……
:scratch:

If you decide to reformat, please let me know.
:)
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI