dutaut
Topic Starter
Hello,
Nobody's replied to me since October 10 and my life has not got any easier. It started with Outerinfo pop-ups, and went downhill from there.
Essentially, everytime I think I've deleted the culprit, my computer stops working, all I get is a black screen with a lonely lost-lloking cursor.
Nothing doing, I am forced in safe mode where I have no choice but to do a system restore, thereby undoing all the good work I may or may not have achieved prior.
I have posted a Hijack This log, but it's probably no longer elevant, and I can't give you a more up-to-date one at the moment because I can't log on to the computer.
I have scanned with Spybot, Ad-Aware, Norton Internet Security 2006, Trend Micro online scan, and AVG 7.5. I have also run the OIN uninstaller.
Nothing seems to work.
I have started from scratch tonight in this order:
OIN uninstaller
Trend Micro online scan (found 6 problems including 3, yes 3 Trojans but only deleted 5, leaving behind a Trojan. Apparently Trend and Norton don't like each other.
I have restarted in Safe Mode and am currently running AVG 7.5, which has found 17 objects: 15 tracking cookies and 2 Adware: Adware.PurityScan and Adware.Sahat.
Adware.Sahat is the only infected object it found this morning (bear in mind I have had to restore the computer 2 or 3 times since then). Once it was deleted, I again had the problem of not beng able to log on in normal mode.
Please, please, please I beg of someone to come online and take me through this. I am lost and at the end of my tether an desperate…
Thank you so much.