This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Hijack This Baseline----Please help.

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am having a problem with my Internet Explorer being redirected. I've tried following all of the basic fixes including…. Adaware, Spybot, Norton AZ, Panda AV online, AVG anti-spyware 7.5, Trojan hunter, counterspy, Spy Detector, smitfraud Fix, vundo fix, CCleaner, Tracks Eraser, and Evidence Eliminator.

I've run them from safe mode, with system restore removed. I had a Bifrose infection which I managed to remove, but can not seem to get rid of these redirects. I've seen pop ups from Invisible Campaign and I read up the replies to remove that and followed them to no avail. I've also gotten a System Integrity Scan Wizard pop up.

I could really use some help here……………..

Here is the Hijack this log I ran….
—————————————————————————————————————————-
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:15:29 AM, on 10/15/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\S24EvMon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Executive Software\Diskeeper\DkService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\RegSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareDetector\SDService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wltrysvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZCfgSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\1XConfig.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareDetector\SDSystemTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe
C:\unzipped\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.msnbc.com/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {2B1112EC-336C-83E9-B63B-04F2C34E46B5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ysyxhg.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {A8F38D8D-E480-4D52-B7A2-731BB6995FDD} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {C4069E3A-68F1-403E-B40E-20066696354B} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PRONoMgr.exe] "C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\PROSet\PRONoMgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell QuickSet] C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] "C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIModeChange] Ati2mdxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BJCFD] "C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nenoevc.dll] C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\nenoevc.dll,stkwbcd
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SDAutoLiveupdate] C:\Program Files\SpywareDetector\LiveUpdateSD.exe -AUTO
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTraySD] C:\Program Files\SpywareDetector\SDSystemTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [WMC_0] C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvr32.exe /s "C:\WINDOWS\system32\mp4sds32.ax"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: BTTray.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Send To &Bluetooth - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie_ctx.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: @btrez.dll,-4015 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @btrez.dll,-4017 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain =
O17 - HKLM\Software\..\Telephony: DomainName =
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain =
O18 - Protocol: widimg - {EE7C2AFF-5742-44FF-BD0E-E521B0D3C3BA} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\btxppanel.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: SDNotify - C:\Program Files\SpywareDetector\SDNotify.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: Sebring - C:\WINDOWS\System32\LgNotify.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: AutoComplete Service (Autocomplete) - Acesoft - C:\Program Files\Acesoft\Tracks Eraser Pro\autocomp.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Bluetooth Service (btwdins) - Broadcom Corporation - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Diskeeper - Executive Software International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Executive Software\Diskeeper\DkService.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Protection Center Service (NSCService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
O23 - Service: RegSrvc - Intel Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\S24EvMon.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AVScan (SAVScan) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: SDService - Max Secure Software - C:\Program Files\SpywareDetector\SDService.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SPBBCSvc - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: WLTRYSVC - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\wltrysvc.exe
I am in EXACTLY the same situation. I have strange alert boxes coming up when browsing the internet wanting to install Ultimate defender, Ultimate cleaner etc. I have installed Adaware and now Xoftspy but still they are coming up. I am also getting this sansujo.com which forwards me to Netsters pages. It is incredibly annoying and I am DESPERATE to get rid of it. Paul Tunstall
Possible Fix
I've been getting redirected via sansujo.com also. I went through some steps and found a clue pointing to the Internet Explorer toolbars. I found something called VSToolbar (which I'd spotted before but ignored).
In Internet Explorer under View, Toolbars I saw VSToolbar. I went to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs and unistalled VSToolbar and this seems to have solved the problem.
Could people please let me know if they also have had this VSToolbar and whether removing it has solved the problem?
(I'd recommend running anti-virus/spyware scanners & clearing IE history + temporary files after removal too)

Thanks
I dont know why this works but u can stop the sansujo and the phony windows alert by using mozilla firefox instead of internet explorer
I too had the sansujo.com redirect in IE when clicking on google results. I did various scans and fixed some things and the redirects became mostly to [removed].

I found that I had WAREOUT, but no antivirus found it. I downloaded FixWareout.exe and ran it. It found various cs***.exe an dm***.exe files in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM and did a scan for each of them at virusscan.jotti.org.

They were infected but the antivirus I had didn't report that. I had a NOD32 trial version; jotti does a scan with NOD32 too, but the strange thing is that their NOD32 reported the infection. Maybe it's because I have the trial version, don't know.

WAREOUT DOWNLOAD, run it and check the 'Fix it' option. The computer will ask to reboot, do so and be patient as the system may take longer to load. Follow the prompts and read carefully the log it opens. Make sure the files it prompts are really infected - load them at virusscan.jotti.org Delete all the infected files.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI