This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Continual problems with Vrus Named Klone

32 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Gipp,

Looks like you're clear of infection.

Please delete this folder.

C:\!KillBox

Now empty your Recycle Bin.

You need to reset system restore
Reset and Re-enable your System Restore to remove infected files that have been backed up by Windows. The files in System Restore are protected to prevent any programs changing those files. This is the only way to clean these files: You'll lose all your previous restore points which are infected. Please note you need Administrator Access to clean the restore points.
  • Turn off System Restore.
    • On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the System Restore tab.
    • Check Turn off System Restore.
    • Click Apply, and then click OK.
  • Reboot.
  • Turn ON System Restore.
    • On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the System Restore tab.
    • UN-Check *Turn off System Restore*.
    • Click Apply, and then click OK.
  • NOTE: only do this ONCE, NOTon a regular basis
Now follow the instructions I gave in my earlier post for securing your computer.

Pay particular attention to the section on Firewalls, it is not clear from your log whether you have a Firewall or not. (Windows Firewall is not sufficient for the job).

Let me know if you are having any problems.

Keep safe,

Gary

PS. We have installed a number of programmes on your computer which are unsuitable for general Malware removal. If used inappropriately they could damage your machine.

Please remove the following programmes:
  • Killbox
  • Combofix
Gary R. Do I need to delete ATF-Cleaner now and J R E 1_5_0_0_ ? Also I don't really understand the section on making Internet Explorer more secure. I'm not sure where to start. I have a firewall now. I also downloaded Adware SE Personal and Sybot S & D. What do you think of AVG Free ? My computer doesn't seem to recognize this program. I have had this program for a couple of months and my computer has always recognized. Are Adware SE Personal and Sybot S& D enough. I couldn't have done all this without your help!!!!! Thanks, Gipp
Hi Gipp,

You don't need to delete ATF Cleaner, unless you want to. It's a useful little tool and makes cleaning out your temporary files easy. (Windows creates lots of "temporary" files and they build up quite quickly and use up your computers resources. It's a good idea to clean them out now and again).

The only version of JRE (Java Runtime Environment) you need to have on your computer is the current version. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 Update 9 all other versions can be uninstalled.

I use AVG Free myself, it is an excellent product, which version are you using (current version is 7.1.408). What do you mean by your computer does not recognise it? Looking at your last HJT log all the entries I'd expect to see appear to be present for AVG.

You definitely need an Anti-Virus programme. Adaware and Spybot are Anti-Spyware programmes and do not perform the same function (there is some overlap between AV and AS programmes, but you do need both).

What problems are you having with making IE secure, if you can tell me which sections you find confusing I can try and talk you through.
Gary R. I have figured out why I couldn't secure IE. I have now completed the steps. As far as my computer not recognizing AVG Free, I removed the program. I then reloaded from the AVG Free Website Directly and now the Security System recognizes AVG. I also have a Firewall now, other than the one that came with Windows. I also will look at Site Advisor. Thanks for all your help!!! Gipp

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI