This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

PC goes Wacko No results from scans

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Let me start with the confession that I am pc dummy. I do know know what a Hijack this log is all about. While online (I am too old to do P2P) on reputable sites my pc goes nuts frequently. Out of the blue the start menu opens, the task bar changes places! IE tries to close down, display properties boxes open by themselves! I have run adaware, spybot, bitdefender, mcafee, kapersky and microsoft's own spyware removal tool without an end to this problem. Not to mention many other nonames I have found trying to research this problem. If I keep cleaning out adware, and no virus scan has detected a virus what would cause a pc to act so eratically? I am sure there is a virus or a bug in the system. How do I find it? Thank You Kathleen

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI