Doug
Topic Starter
Hello People,
I did a brief search to see if someone else has posted this same information here at TC.
I apologize if this is a repeat.
The "hackers" have apparently admitted that their "announced vulnerabilities" disclosure was meant to be a "Humorous" presentation at a Hacker's Convention.
No such exploits have been accomplished. (though it appears they tried)
The people involved in the hoax are apparently now working in cooperation with Mozilla/FireFox to demonstrate that no such vulnerabiliity exists, and to put out any uproar they may have created.
"admitted hoax".
http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/20294/discuss
http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,127375-p…SS/article.html
Best Regards,
Doug
I did a brief search to see if someone else has posted this same information here at TC.
I apologize if this is a repeat.
The "hackers" have apparently admitted that their "announced vulnerabilities" disclosure was meant to be a "Humorous" presentation at a Hacker's Convention.
No such exploits have been accomplished. (though it appears they tried)
The people involved in the hoax are apparently now working in cooperation with Mozilla/FireFox to demonstrate that no such vulnerabiliity exists, and to put out any uproar they may have created.
"admitted hoax".
http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/20294/discuss
http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,127375-p…SS/article.html
Best Regards,
Doug