Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

mozilla firefox browser

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 whattheheckisthis

whattheheckisthis

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:11 PM

Not sure what to say, I posted awhile back re: freeze up of my comp and had no response! I am trying to learn in this forum. I am running firefox and have a questiion regarding cookies, that are there and iktar3nd.default/cache. Like why are there three cache's for the same process along with one named map cache? Does anyone have any input on this or even willing to reply? Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 12:07:16 PM, on 12/09/2006 Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106) Thanks

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:09 PM

Think you got a little trigger happy with the " , " there.. took me a minute to figure out just what you were asking. And yes, I am willing to answer. My answer is are you sure your not looking at three different paths to same cached file..? Another thing.. Mozilla is becoming more and more bulky with each new "build".. personally im getting to were I dislike it completly. I do apologize for your previous post being overlooked, and you came to the right place to learn. Its great to get new users that are willing to learn and wanting to jump right in with both feet. Only problem is that we get this influx of new users and then we have to have more people to train them. So that takes our posters out of the game (keep in mind no one gets paid to do this here.. we do it for free) and keeps them buried up to there noses in practice logs. Then, with the next up and comming group of wiz-user's (for lack of a better analogy), the same cycle starts over.. you get "x" amount that actually stick with it and keep "doing and learning".. so you take that amount.. and give it several weeks of posting to logs then you start seeing the burn-out fall-out. The ones that stick with it through that phase are due to become admins (granted there are a few more steps before you become an admin just trying to make a point.. and yes I do have one) Then it starts all over again. So, like I said.. just bare with us here and will get to you.. Im going right now to find your previous and post and see what we can do with it.

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#3 whattheheckisthis

whattheheckisthis

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:15 PM

Crow,

[quote name='Crow' date='Sep 12 2006, 02:09 PM' post='316320']
Think you got a little trigger happy with the " , " there.. took me a minute to figure out just what you were asking. And yes, I am willing to answer. My answer is are you sure your not looking at three different paths to same cached file..? Another thing.. Mozilla is becoming more and more bulky with each new "build".. personally im getting to were I dislike it completly.

To clarify the question, in my comp under C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\iktar3nd.default\Cache there is actually an 001, 002, 003 and a cache_map and all vary in size as well as each page visited. Does this make more sense and is that normal for mozilla! I wonder about the iktar3nd name as well!

Thanks for the reply and I apologize for the grammar(failed to check it), also for the inferred impatience. I know this is all time donated and appreciate the principle. Thus my reason for trying to figure this thing out so I can someday reciprocate the favor!

Food for thought!

Thanks again!

#4 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 04:09 PM

You may find your answer by exploring what is in those files. But you may not know how to explore them. If not, do the following: Open Mozilla In the ADDRESS BAR type: C:\documents and settings\(one of your user names\Application Data\ Click to GO You will then be presented with: Index of file:///C:/documents and settings/username/application datta/ the Index will be printed in BLUE lettering which functions just the same as a "hyperLink" on the internet, but will advance you to the selected item in your Documents and settings files. Click on Mozilla Click on FireFox Click on Profiles Click on iktar3nd.default (this is randomly generated name and mine is quite different) Click on Cache Now click on what ever item you wish to view (the vast majority of them are .gif images that FireFox has saved from your browsing so that if you go back to the same page, Firefox doesn't have to load it again. (this is almost precisely the same function as Temporary Internet File\content.ie5 for Internet Explorer) But what about the (3) Three separate Cache files???? How many users do you have? Probably an Administrator, and your prefered user login name, and a "guest" account One Cache each 1,2,3 ---- 3 total caches. If you have a different number of User logins than (3) three, then probably one/some of them have not used Mozilla Firefox yet, and a new Cache will be created for that user login when it first accesses the internet with Mozilla Firefos. Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.