AplusWebMaster
Topic Starter
FYI…
- http://isc.sans.org/diary.php?storyid=1670
Last Updated: 2006-09-04 00:37:37 UTC
"I dont know if you are familiar with FlashChat*, but I wasn't until today. One of our readers… sent some log traces of those perl based bots. Tracking it, I was able to get into their botnet, on xx.xx.207.12, running on port 7001. The default channel found on the perl code was #botnet , and was active at the time of this diary was written. The default command to list channels on IRC is /list.
Besides some dangerous of running commands on customized ircd servers, I run it and found another channel, called #scan . Finally the FlashChat part…
On the subject of the #scan channel, there was an instruction to scan on google for sites using FlashChat, ONLY on .co.uk domains!
So, my final instructions to you are:
1- If you run FlashChat, check for patches, security patches, APPLY THEM!
2- If you run FlashChat AND on a .co.uk,.uk, APPLY ANY PATCHES AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY. Additionally, you might want to look through your system for signs of intrustion."
* http://www.tufat.com/script2.htm

- http://isc.sans.org/diary.php?storyid=1670
Last Updated: 2006-09-04 00:37:37 UTC
"I dont know if you are familiar with FlashChat*, but I wasn't until today. One of our readers… sent some log traces of those perl based bots. Tracking it, I was able to get into their botnet, on xx.xx.207.12, running on port 7001. The default channel found on the perl code was #botnet , and was active at the time of this diary was written. The default command to list channels on IRC is /list.
Besides some dangerous of running commands on customized ircd servers, I run it and found another channel, called #scan . Finally the FlashChat part…
So, my final instructions to you are:
1- If you run FlashChat, check for patches, security patches, APPLY THEM!
2- If you run FlashChat AND on a .co.uk,.uk, APPLY ANY PATCHES AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY. Additionally, you might want to look through your system for signs of intrustion."
* http://www.tufat.com/script2.htm