Well this is a laptop which I'm having the problems. If you're asking if I use another program to change my power options then no. I can change all of the other power options just not on that tab.
On a laptop there is the power schemes tab(which is as you seen) the alarm tab power meter tab, advanced tab, and the hibernate tab. If you want screenshot let me know. I can change everything but power schemes tab.
Thanks
Jeremy
Hi Jeremy,
In your BIOS, look for this item and "enable" it.
Power Management
This allows your operating system's APM (Advanced Power Management) feature to turn off the various devices in your system to save power. Enable this option for Windows XP, or disable it if you're using an OS that doesn't support APM.
I've got a laptop fired up here right now, searching through the various BIOS Power Options and will post further ideas.
In your "screen-shot" it appears that you do not presently have "any" power schemes.
On Power Options Properties - Power Shemes (the picture you posted) are their any "drop down" selections in the blue bar labeled Power Schemes (just above "Save As" and "Delete"
Try enabling in Bios as per above if you have no selections you can choose.
Best Regards
No sittings in BIOS about APM, no power options at all.
Yeah see that's what's messed up. I had some. Had them all made for options I want it to do, and had delete the ones that windows presets, and one day they weren't there anymore, and can change, add, or delete anything. There isn't one in the screen shot cuz there isn't one. I can't do anything on that tab at all.
Jeremy
On this Laptop (Dell) the Power Settings appear after the Battery Status, on the 6th of 7 pages of BIOS settings.
First setting is Brightness Battery / AC
The list continues with"
Display time out
Disk time out
Suspend time out
s2D time out
Smart CPU MODE
Display Close
Ring Event
Alarm Resume
Wake up on LAN
Intel SpeedStep
CPU on AC
CPU on Battery
I'm not bragging about all my settings.
Just listing them so you might be able to "notice" a Power Scheme" or Power Management option close to, or embedded in any of the above, if any do appear.
Best Regards
You suppose your Laptop would display Power Settings if your Battery was "in" the machine, vs. not installed in the machine?
It's a long shot, but you might check.
Best Regards
Here's the BIOS Setting options as Printed by another owner/user:
BIOS Settings
Press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup.
Main menu (I'm putting this here for informational purposes, only.)
Notebook Model: Presario R3200 (DP533AV)
System Board ID: 08A0
Processor Type: AMD Athlon™ 64
Processor Speed: 2200 MHz
System Memory: 512 MB
The BIOS Version is F.11. (This was the original BIOS version included on my laptop. I have since upgraded to version F.35. There was no real need to upgrade, though, since I did not encounter any problems that it or its prior versions fixed. WARNING: at one time, HP/Compaq was pretty sloppy about labeling the BIOSes for the R3000 with the AMD processor versus the R3000 with the Intel processor. The SoftPack files containing the BIOS for the AMD model are roughly 1.65 MB big; the ones for the Intel are about 4 MB. Although HP/Compaq has gotten much better at only listing the correct BIOS on their download page, one should still make sure to use the right one!)
KBC Version: 32.22
Security menu.
Will set administrator and power-on passwords after software installation.
Will disable floppy and CD-ROM booting after software installation.
Advanced menu.
I could change the boot order to put the floppy and CD-ROM after the hard drive, but since I'll just disable them under the Security menu, I won't.
Doesn't look like any Power Scheme Options there at all. That user has the same upgrade BIOS version that you're running version 3.5
I'm about out of ideas, but will continue doing some reading/research.
Yeah, kinda odd don't ya think. Don't over work yourself on my problem. Not in a big rush so take your time. Thanks for helping and maybe you're figure it out. Do you sleep, I swear I see you on here all the time, lol. Anyways thanks
Jeremy
Thought I'd try calling tech support. They had me download and install the same BIOS that I already have, and that didn't work so they want me to running windows. (which I would do but somehow my restore disc is cracked). So that lead to no where>
Just thought I'd let you know.
Jeremy
Hey I figured out a way to fix it. Just deleted my account and made a new one. Works fine now. Thanks for all the help guys. Thanks a tons for all the help. So how do you go about becoming a tech on here?
Thanks again