This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

HijackThis downloaded and scanned

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 7:16:35 AM, on 8/18/2006 Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000) I had a crash and now when I start up Internet Explorer, I cannot change my "home page." Thanks for your help. Thank you!
Hi ncladybug,

Many Members here will be quick to recommend that you immediately go to Malware Removal and post a HJT for analysis by a Trusted Advisor, believing that you are suffering an infection. That could be true and there would be no harm, and much to gain, from the TomCoyote HJT Forum.

However, your problem may have nothing to do with being infected and may be able to be handled directly with the fixes contained in the following article:
http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/homepage.htm

Please let us know how you are progressing.

Best Regards

EDIT: I highly recommend that you Upgrade to XP SP2 and use Microsoft updates to get all the additional critical updates and patches.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI