This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

MSN has been hijacked!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Everytime I start up my computer, MSN will auto login (default behavior). As soon as MSN Messenger get connected, immediately someone (let's say, A) will request me to add him into contactlist. Even though i have blocked this person, next time i start my msn, the same person keep asking for adding him in. I did add him in once, he jst introduce me a url and then keep quite, so i jst blocked him. I suspect he is jst a bot, and my msn has been hijacked by the programmer. Another strange behaviour is that, and I m not sure if this caused by the msn, my browser (firefox and IE) cannt connect to internet after some time. It can send request, but it cant received any response from the web. it jst say waiting reply…. I disconnect and the reconnect the internet connection doesnt help. I have to restart my computer. Pls help. Thanks.
i'm sorry i'm not much help, but i'd recommend getting a new email address if it's not too much trouble. Also, be careful who you give your email address to. :)
:wavey: Hello again, kitkit

I helped you with your last hijack.

If you think you have a problem again, post a new HijackThis! log over in the "Malware Removal" forum, and I'll look it over for problems.
:)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI