This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

winantivirus pro 2006

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I encountered some pop-ups for this site recently, and it seems to be interfering with my computer. I guessed it was bogus software so I never agreed to download or run anything, and now having researched i see that it is indeed dodgy. At first it was interfering with IE so that whenever i opened it it was taking me to this site, now IE doesn't seem to be running at all, when i try to open it nothing happens. I have installed and run windows defender and it removed a couple of files, but I haven't done anything else as yet. I followed the instructions and got a hijack this header which I am now posting below. Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 19:16:34, on 12/08/2006 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180) Grateful for any help on what to do next. Best wishes Tom
HiTomWilliam76, Most reviews describe this as a bogus product, and I sure wouldn't want it on my machine. Worse still, it is likely to come with or "invited" additional malware. You may need some special help getting rid of all of it. Run your HJT and save the scanned log. Post over in the HJT Forum for assistance. Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI