Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Praise the Lord!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Coyote

Coyote

Emeritus-Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:11 PM

Now today went like any other day, got off work and started on my way home, about 4 miles into the trip home I stopped at a red light to make a right turn (note: I drive my motorcycle most days and did so today) when the car behind me, an 87' mercedes keeps moving forward and runs into my motorcycle and keeps pushing me for about 3' and laying the motorcycle over in the process. About 8 mnths ago I spent 500 to have a crash guard and highway pegs on the motorcycle, thank goodness I did, this prevented my leg from getting caught under the motorcycle and I was able to quickly get off the motorcycle and exit to the right out of the way. The mercedes did come to a stop and the driver did get out and check to see if I was alright. I was quite irritated at that time and was more concerned with what damage he had done to my ride but I was not hurting bad anywhere that I could feel at the time. He offered to help right the motorcycle and I would not allow him to touch it, instead I put the kickstand down and righted the 850 Lbs myself. Checking for damage at that time I did not see too much, probably 150 or so damage to some chrome. I asked him how he wanted to handle this, cash or insurance and drivers license. He said he only had 10 dollars on him, so I requested insurance and driver's license. He only was able to produce insurance at that time telling me he had left his driver's license at home. I look at the insurance and it is to a woman not to a man. I tell him I cannot do anything without his driver's license or other identification so I guess we need to call someone. He then produced a driver's license. Dummy Dummy me, I did not immmediatly start writing down the information. Because his license did not match any info on the insurance, I said we still have a problem. I said we need to call someone, I don't feel like getting burned. About that time a code inforcement officer drove by and stopped, I hollered at him and asked if he could call someone. He replied "yes, let me pull out of the road" now right after all this started, a passerby that had seen the accident stopped and was witnessing all this, we will call him "Steve" for this story. Steve was worried about this perpetraitor as I was at this time and said to me, thank goodness that code guy came by. After the code guy was on the phone for a bit, the perpetraitor asked to see his license back for a minute to check the expiration date, he took it out of my hand, I didn't think too much about it at that time, I still had what I thought was a valid insurance paperwork. After a couple of minutes the perpetraitor starts his car and drives off. The code person comes out of his vehicle right after that still on the phone telling the police which way he was driving off. THE CAR WAS STOLEN!!!

Now, think about it, mr. thief could have just driven off after hitting me and not even checking my condition, or worse, he is a thief after all, he could have done damage to me or even robbed me!

I am ok, the bike will survive with probably a couple of hundred maybe even up to a thousand dollars if I missed something that cracked and haven't seen it yet. But I am alive and well.

Praise HIM Everyday, you don't know when he is helping you, because in My thoughts, he helps you all the time even if you don't know about it.

Tom Coyote Wilson
http://TomCoyote.org

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by
HIM ;-)
(Tom Coyote Wilson)
Go forth and conquer your goals with the renewed spirit of Coyote and do not let small setbacks stop you from Your Dreams

Microsoft MVP 2006-2007

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:08 PM

That's pretty scary Tom. :o Looks like you were protected in many ways

The forum is run by volunteers who donate their time and expertise.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Logs will be closed if you haven't replied within 3 days

If you would like to paypal.gif for the help you received.

Proud graduate of TC/WTT Classroom

#3 winchester73

winchester73

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:15 PM

I hope they catch the bas^&$d ... :angry: Glad you are OK and talking to me in chat ... :)
<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Proud member of ASAP, the Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals</span>

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Speak softly, but carry a big Winchester ... Winchester Arms Collectors Association member</span>

#4 Corrine

Corrine

Authentic Member

• Malware Expert
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:PC Security
  • MVP

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:50 PM

This is certainly not what I was expecting to see when I clicked on the link, Tom. I was thinking about the audit. I am so glad you are ok. You had too much chrome on that bike anyway. :D
dGFVuFn.jpg

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

#5 Diva_wit_a_attitude_TK

Diva_wit_a_attitude_TK

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:art,music, painting, kids, Bible stuff, farm life (tending the critters) beadwork, fishing, camping, hiking......

Posted 02 August 2006 - 05:18 PM

Coyote, I appreciate what you posted ! I am glad that you are ok. We can always replace things, though don't always like to, but those we love and care about, we cannot replace when something happens to them. I agree with you, God was looking after you, when you stop to think about all the things that could have happened. I am with you on the " Praise the Lord." I wanted to just tell you personally, that I am grateful for this forum, and for the help from all those who have lent it to me. All the pc's used at Church, my Dad's who's the pastor, my own, and all Bible School pc's are now fixed, thanks to the ideas, suggestions, and how's to that came from yall there. If I could, I would gladly donate to this place. I have to wait though, until I can get back on my feet and get back to work. I was stabbed, and the knife went thru my spleen, and into the spinal chord. Again, we all have things we can be thankful for. I am still here to testify to God's keeping power, even though the doctors and surgeons after 22 hours of surgery, told me i had only 2 weeks at most to live! God is surely an awesome God! Stay Blessed, Diva
Dictator in Training ...If YOU can't Dazzle them with Brilliance......Baffle them with BULL !!!!

#6 Guest_Gamerdude_*

Guest_Gamerdude_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2006 - 07:22 PM

Just got home about an hour ago... dad showed me this and I was very shocked. Knowing someone like that would be so close to home... Asking for lisecense and insurance info... getting officer assistance... he did the right thing. Driver not matching the information on the insurance is the first red flag I saw while looking through this... second red flag was when the driver took the liscense back. It's guys like this that need to wind up on the news to get the word out about their activities to better inform the public and thus make them better aware. Hopefully incidents like this can be avoided in the future.

#7 Blair

Blair

SuperMember

• Root Admin
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 10:52 PM

Motorcycle parts can be replaced. You cannot. Glad you walked away seemingly without a scratch! How many can say that about a motorcycle accident? :huh:
Posted Image

#8 bluecrown113

bluecrown113

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:56 AM

Being new to the forum, figured I'd browse a little. Sorry for your misfortune, thank God you are ok. My husband & daughter ride alot in the nice weather, but the 4 wheel drivers aren't like they used to be. Every time they take off, I pray they will return safely, and thank God they do. Hope any bumps and bruises are healed, safe riding in the future!

#9 amateur

amateur

Authentic Member

• Malware Team
  • 168 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:00 PM

I am so glad that you're OK. My son was hit (broadsided) by a truck on the 13th Of August of this year while he was riding his motorcyle. He, too, was very lucky to have survived such a bad accident. The doctors say that it's a miracle that he is alive. He has a lot of bone and tissue damage on the left side: arm, wrist, hand, leg, knee, ankle and heel, and his left knee needs a reconstructive surgery pending the healing of a very deep wound just below the knee cap. The other party, a 16 year old kid who just got his driving licence, was found 100% at fault, but it doesn't make it any more bearable. People's brains are just not trained to see motorcycles. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE. P.S. That's the reason I have been/am less active at the boards now because I am still in Tampa helping him out until he is able to get up and walk.
Amateur
ASAP
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 little eagle

little eagle

spyware hawk

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,968 posts
  • Interests:spyware

Posted 30 September 2006 - 05:51 PM

Glad your ok Tom :wavey: I just thought God have to watch over me, didn't know he had to look after you also :P

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#11 Cash--

Cash--

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 02:29 PM

wow......... I hope they catch that dirtbag

#12 howardanderson

howardanderson

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:16 PM

Glad your ok. Your web site is an incredible help. Micah 6:8 has been super in all the help he presented me with. :)

#13 myselfni

myselfni

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 07:44 PM

WOW! My first Post, and what an introduction; to be able to address the man himself. TomCoyote, that is a magnificent story and I read it with much interest. :) All of us on these forums benefit from God's grace that was freely given to you. I wish here to second the kind personal regards that were extended to you by all the other respondents to your story. :) George King.

#14 ItsGeorge

ItsGeorge

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:40 AM

I guess I had better add you to my thoughts & prayers again(Last was in reg to your health issues) everyone needs Prayer, but you... ..well, prove its worth ;) Take Care & Thanks again!

#15 jbbarber

jbbarber

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:57 PM

Tom: I echo your praises as we never know what is going on behind the limited scenes we are able to see and comprehend. I do hope your bike recovers well AND a great big thank you to Shaba who is so selflessly assiting me with a infected computer issue. Much appreciation to you and all who work with you in your endeavours. John Barber