This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Hijack This log

9 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Delete this file if listed:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mdleiqah.ksn

Some of the bad guys can disable anti-virus and anti-spyware programs.
Are the errors for the McAfee program? If so, try re-installing it.
Well I did a search for that file and found and deleted it. As far as the Mcafee problems, I re-installed everything and it seems to all be working now. The last program you had me download (ewido anti-spyware) would it be worth purchasing the subscription or is the Mcafee good enough? Let me know if there is anything else to try/do.

Well I did a search for that file and found and deleted it. As far as the Mcafee problems, I re-installed everything and it seems to all be working now. The last program you had me download (ewido anti-spyware) would it be worth purchasing the subscription or is the Mcafee good enough? Let me know if there is anything else to try/do.

McAfee is alright for a anti-virus program. Ewido is a very good anti-spyware program. Try Ewido for the 30 day trial and see how you like it. In the clean speech below are some free ones. Keep in mind to only run one anti-virus program.


Good Job :thumbup:

Log looks good :D :thumbup: How is it running any issues?


You need to create a new Clean restore point.

Note: This will remove all previous Restore Points

Turn off System Restore:

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Restart your computer, turn it back on.

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Remove the Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Double-click My Computer.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Check "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, Uncheck "Show hidden files and folders."
Check "Hide protected operating system files."
Click Apply, and then click OK.





If you dont have these programs I would recommend that you get them. Spywareblaster, Spywareguard. They will add 1000's of sites to your resticted zone and block some hijacks from happening. I also have a FREE FIREWALL and FREE ANTI VIRUS if you need one.

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system.

Keep your system up to date and run Adaware & Spybot, once a week works, and hopefully you will be ok from here on. Both are available below.

Safe Surfing. :D

I would also suggest you read this:
So how did I get infected in the first place?
by Tony Klein
Well things seem to be going ok on this end so far. I had already disabled system restore before I started posting on here so all I need to do now is re-enable it. I do have most of the programs installed you suggested to get. I just need to be more consistant about running/updating them on a regular basis. So hopefully we got things worked out. Thank You for all your help and information. This is a nice thing you guys have here. Thanks again!!! :)
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI