Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Tia Is Going Full Steam!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 mjc

mjc

-

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 02:52 PM

Nanotechnology is still quite a ways off.....it is in fact so close that grants are expiriing and some of the central websites that provided real info have closed down. Nanotech is a rather elusive, technology that someday may bring about microscopic robots capable of what you think they are able to do, but right now, even inventory tracking devices are "macro" in size and their range is extremely limited (like a few feet)...all because of those little pesky laws of physics. Remember, even though a technology shows promise and can be used for military/government applications it does not mean it will. Fight the fights that there may be a chance of winning....that means fight TIA from the aspect that it can be done with existing tech. No need to look for stuff that even the producers of the latest Hollywood spy movies think is a little too "out there"
I hope it wan't my turn to refill te coffe pot...

Posted Image

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 Guest_New_Raider_*

Guest_New_Raider_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2003 - 03:30 PM

So what you're saying is, I don't have to wory about Lifelog until 2030 or so, and TIA is the greater threat.

#18 Terminator

Terminator

Expert

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 04:09 PM

No, what I think MJC is saying is that you read too much scifi. It's not here yet but people can envisage it being so one day. Going back to an earlier post, warp drive: It's still scifi; it can't be done today but it's still a dream of many. We humans don't have the technology required or knowledge to put it into practice. Moral is: Visions are the building blocks of the future but until they reach reality, they remain visions. Some come sooner than others because they are simply a way of harnessing present technology. Most come later or even remain in dreams because the means to implement them are not present at the time. Until the reality is omnipresent, it's a dream so chill out and don't be paranoid; there's nothing to fight off except those bogey men in that dark corner of your room. :D

#19 Guest_New_Raider_*

Guest_New_Raider_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2003 - 05:32 PM

Maybe there's nothing to fear, but I'll sill worry.

#20 Norseman

Norseman

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 10:35 PM

But first they will bring out an Operating System called Longhorn and take all your freedoms away. Then come the Robots that will do all the thinking for you.