Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Tia Is Going Full Steam!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 New Raider

New Raider

Authentic Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 09:38 PM

Pentagon Seeks to Sort, Store Lifetime Experience
Wed May 28, 2003 04:10 PM ET
By Jim Wolf

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Pentagon is shopping for ways to capture everything a person sees, says and hears as part of a project it says is meant to help create smarter robots.

The projected system called Lifelog would suck in all of a subject's experience -- from phone numbers dialed and emails viewed to every breath taken, step made and place gone.

The idea is to index the material, and make patterns easily retrievable in an effort to make machines think more like people, learning from experience.

Click here for more.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 mjc

mjc

-

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 02:06 PM

The Pentegon has asked for and been granted exclusive rights to "Every Breath you Take" by the Police...Sting was unavailable for comment as he was having his background checked at the time.... <_<
I hope it wan't my turn to refill te coffe pot...

Posted Image

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2003 - 06:16 PM

The Pentegon has asked for and been granted exclusive rights to "Every Breath you Take" by the Police...Sting was unavailable for comment as he was having his background checked at the time.... <_<

Funny, but this is no laughing matter.
I titled this TIA or Terrorist Information Awareness, but this is a seperate issue.
In the name of thinking computers with pesonalities, everybody's life will be on public record, and with rapid advances in technology, they can go even further with it!

Next time you take your monthly physicle, you can be probed just by swallowing a sleeping liquid.
Get a blood test, and nano technology can keep tabs on you, allowing an orbiting satalite to record it all.
Get your yearly injection, and a mini scanner will blend in with your bloodstream and attach to your cells, gathering information for the probe mentioned earlier, and this can be done without your knowledge or consent.

Lastly we have, "The Fly".
It's a super high res magnifying mini-cam that's so tiny it can fit on a small area of a head of a pin.
It can be shoved under a door, and flone around the house for getting a layout that will be transmitted through a Intranet in Washington DC.
Resembling a tick (with some biologicle parts), you will never know where you live is an open book.

#4 New Raider

New Raider

Authentic Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 06:21 PM

Who wants a thinking and learning computer, with a personality anyway. Didn't they ever see "Terminator II: Judgment Day"?

#5 gracesaved

gracesaved

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 07:41 AM

This is spooky. I wonder what would happen if you were a visitor to the US? Would they force you to take part as you cross the border? Secretly hide something in your vehicle as you pass through? Would they continue to to track us as we return home? Or, would they embed that new microchip in all their paper money so they know what we buy, where we buy it, how much we spend? Life apparently is no longer sacred, and privacy no longer a right of humankind. Gracey
††Powered by God††

#6 Terminator

Terminator

Expert

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 03:01 PM

Who wants a thinking and learning computer, with a personality anyway.
Didn't they ever see "Terminator II: Judgment Day"?

Talking about moi?

:D :D :D ^_^

Wouldn't mind a talking horse like Ed either. :D B)

#7 Terminator

Terminator

Expert

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 03:08 PM

Life apparently is no longer sacred, and privacy no longer a right of humankind.

Gracey

Life is sacred and privacy is a human right. Watch T2: Judgement Day to the very end and you'll see what New Raider should have seen.

Don't let defeatist attitude run into abject apathy, we all fight for something and need to fight for something, whether it be the savig of a rain forest or the last pack of tea bags in the supermarket.

#8 Guest_New_Raider_*

Guest_New_Raider_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2003 - 05:13 PM

This is spooky. I wonder what would happen if you were a visitor to the US? Would they force you to take part as you cross the border? Secretly hide something in your vehicle as you pass through? Would they continue to to track us as we return home?

Or, would they embed that new microchip in all their paper money so they know what we buy, where we buy it, how much we spend?

Life apparently is no longer sacred, and privacy no longer a right of humankind.

Gracey

Since 2000, they have been doing just that, except not in money.
They take digital fingerprints from under the skin, like a shopping scanner.
It was fully approved by both George Bushs.
This was just for foreigners looking for work in this country, but they're thinking of using it for American citizens, leaving the scanner on for the entire life of that person, so your movements can be tracked wherever you go, and whatever you do.

#9 mjc

mjc

-

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 09:38 PM

Look, buddy, you are getting a little too steeped in some sci-fi stuff...

First off that little fly cam violates about 1000 laws of physics, or a transmitter smaller than agrain of salt actually being picked up in orbit...not likely, especially on any frequency band capable of being used (yeah maybe you could with microwaves or some other super high band frequncy...but you would tend to go around blowing the people you were monitoring and that would noticed)....

Second, things aren't quite as bad as you paint them...

And, third, if you can't take some time and laugh about it every now and then you should probably seriously think about moving to Antartica or something...keep the penguins company.

Posted Image

#10 gracesaved

gracesaved

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 08:38 AM

1) I've been an avid fly swatter since I can remember...... 2) Penguins are cool! 3) Didn't say I would give up the fight.....quite the opposite! 4) Never give in! (tea bags? :lol: )

Edited by gracesaved, 05 June 2003 - 08:39 AM.

††Powered by God††

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#11 Guest_New_Raider_*

Guest_New_Raider_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2003 - 08:36 PM

Look, buddy, you are getting a little too steeped in some sci-fi stuff...

First off that little fly cam violates about 1000 laws of physics, or a transmitter smaller than agrain of salt actually being picked up in orbit...not likely, especially on any frequency band capable of being used (yeah maybe you could with microwaves or some other super high band frequncy...but you would tend to go around blowing the people you were monitoring and that would noticed)....

Second,  things aren't quite as bad as you paint them...

And, third, if you can't take some time and laugh about it every now and then you should probably seriously think about moving to Antartica or something...keep the penguins company.

Nanotechnology isn't used the way I said, YET!
It is very possible body scanning will occur in the next 20 or 30 years.
Nanosys Inc.

#12 cnm

cnm

-

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:22 PM

20 or 30 years ago we foresaw underground cities on the moon, and robot housemaids.
Microsoft MVP Windows-Security 2005 Posted Image
The Boot camp at Spywareinfo.com

#13 mjc

mjc

-

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:51 PM

And warp drive....

Posted Image

#14 Guest_New_Raider_*

Guest_New_Raider_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2003 - 09:26 AM

20 or 30 years ago we foresaw underground cities on the moon, and robot housemaids.

So what's your point?
They are here.
As for warp drive, we have to realise light speed first, which is being work on.
By the 22nd Century, "Enterprise" will become reality.

#15 New Raider

New Raider

Authentic Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 10:01 AM

Nanotechnology isn't used the way I said, YET!
It is very possible body scanning will occur in the next 20 or 30 years.
Nanosys Inc.

Did I say 20 or 30 years.
It's much closer than that.
'Big Brother' watching new super diary?

Edited by New Raider, 06 June 2003 - 10:01 AM.