This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

external hdd

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello Here I go again, this is not really a "problem", but since my skills are limited I`ll ask anyway. Pls advice if this innapropriate in the forum. Got myself a external HDD (Packard-Bell, store and save 160GB). My intention is to use this for storing my music liberary (I-tunes), and my digital img/videos from my cameras. 1. Is it possible to run the applications (i-tunes/olympusmaster/picture project) from c: drive, and have the actual music/photos/vids. on the ext HDD(E: drive). 2. If I want to download music/Pictures etc… when the ext.HDD is not connected, and transfer later, is this possible. Meaning that the apps. will work even when i`m not connected. 3. The ext.HDD is preformated in fat-32, and i was told i should change this into NTFS, but dont know how. 4. When i installed it, also installed "data secure", which wants me to create backup for my system.I disabeled it in startup, hope thats ok. Any help/hints/tips will be grately appriciated. Best regards Kris42 :huh: :scratch:
Tks Dough! I`ll start with the formatting. A little scary for me, trying to find out what to move, and what not to. If i move my i-tunes liberary, guess i`ll be asked for new paths, and accordingly with my photos/vids? :blink: :huh: regards kris42
I don't know how you will do it, but I'd make it look alot like my present file structure. if external HDD is X:\ Then save your tunes to: X:\My tunes\ (or a similar structure that looks friendly to your media player or itunes player) Photos: X:\My Photos\ and so on, and so forth. It's only scary the first time. Best Regards Hint: User Edit - Copy and Paste instead of Edit - Cut and Paste That way you still have your originals in case you encounter difficulty with your External HDD Later you can clear(delete tunes and photos) from your C:\ Hard drive, once you're comfortable with accessing your tunes and photos from the External.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI