This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Outlook 2003

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I cannot get outlook 2003 to connect to the outgoing server. Have spent all day with the ISP trying to work things out. Does not appear to be a problem on the ISP side. Have deleted and re-created the email account and all the settings are correct. All anitivisrus programs removed and firewall shut down. Have even uninstalled office 2003 and reinstalled it, still won't work. Getting error messages 0x8007007e, 0x8004210a and 0x8004210b. Am running XP Pro and Office 2003. Any help is appreciated. Last thing I can think of is a virus but have never seen one act like this.
Thanks for the suggestion but it refers to Office XP and SP3. I have Office 2003 and have the most recent SP2 installed.
In your Outlook - Tools - Accounts Highlight your Account and click on Properties In the Properties Screen, Select the Connection Tab The Connection Tab screen should show options for access to Internet. Since I am behind a Router, I select "connect using my local area network (LAN)" One of those options is appropriate for your set up. Please let us know how you are progressing. Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI