lazyllama
Topic Starter
I was transfering some music files from my home computer to my laptop and everthing was fine. I then Hibernated my laptop for the night, and the next day when I went to start it up it would load my background but where the taskbar should be was just a blue bar with nothing on it. I tried clicking around the screen, but the only thing I could do was move the mouse around. I restarted and the same thing happened.
Next I tried restarting in safe mode and it gave me the option of loggin in as:
1) administrator or
2) my normal profile.
I started by selecting my normal profile, but the same problem occured; where the taskbar should load was just a blue bar. I used "control+alt+delete" and found that "explorer.exe" was using around 98% of my CPU. I then logged off and tried running safe mode using the administrator settings. Under the administrator the desktop finally loaded and I was able to run a Norton Virus scan and also Ad-Aware. The Norton came up with nothing, and Ad-Aware came up with a couple things that I removed.
I then restarted and once again tried running Win XP in the "normal" mode. This time instead of having a completely blue bar where the taskbar should be, I had the "start" button and the clock appear but everthing else was still blue.
I don't know what it is that caused this problem, but help would be greatly appreciated