This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Tyed a web address in my address bar and some site redirected it to a

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, my brother's computer was infected with 53 trojans. Whoever had this computer before him did'nt do a good job of maintaining it. I had to uninstall Norton Antivirus cause it was being one big pain in the arse. I then installed AVG free antivirus and did a scan immediately. 53 trojans and viruses. It got rid of them. However one thing is ticking me off. Most of the time when I type a web address in some site called http://turboinet.com redirects what I type in to porn sites and crapola. How do I get rid of this thing???? Please help. Thanks.
I already downloaded CWShredder and it didn't get rid of that entry. Any other programs that might get rid of it or do you think I have to do this manually?




Hi Jethro,
Download and run CWShredder……
CWShredder
Next…..read instructions in the link to download HJT and post a log in that forum….for complete removal from a Trusted Advisor….
How to post HJThis

Then please run the Panda scan here:
http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/acti…n_principal.htm
Choose to "Disinfect automatically," and follow the prompts. Delete any viruses found, and restart your computer.
Also another good free scan is
Please run the Housecall online virus scan located at:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp
Follow the prompts to scan your hard drive for viruses. Select the "Autoclean" option so that Housecall will remove any viruses from your system.
I installed AVG free before I ran CWShredder and AVG got rid of 53 trojans. So you think panda and housecall will get rid of that redirecting site even when AVG did not?







Then please run the Panda scan here:
http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/acti…n_principal.htm
Choose to "Disinfect automatically," and follow the prompts. Delete any viruses found, and restart your computer.
Also another good free scan is
Please run the Housecall online virus scan located at:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp
Follow the prompts to scan your hard drive for viruses. Select the "Autoclean" option so that Housecall will remove any viruses from your system.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI