Hi,
Somehow my homepage keeps getting changed to autosearch.cc I have tried everything to get rid of it with no success. Any help would be great. Thanks
First off it's nice to meet you, and I'm sorry about your computer problems. I'm sure someone here can give you a hand. Let's have a look at a HijackThis Log.
If You don't already have HijackThis, Download Hijackthis from here . Click here to download HiJackThis. Create a new folder in My Documents and Save it there. Name the folder HiJackthis Log. Execute the program from there, Press Scan. This creates a log.
Then please save the log in Note Pad. Copy and Paste the log file in this forum (Click here) HiJackThis Forum Someone will help you from there. DO NOT Delete or modify anything yet, as some of it is needed to keep your system healthy!
Ok, I'm not sure if you need this advice right now but it will probably help any others with a similar problem. I noticed alot of people have problems with their homepages being changed to a certain place. The first time i had this problem I went around to different places and such looking for a remedy until this one guy told me it was in the registry under HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Main/… etc etc. Well I used that to change it and hadn't had the problem since. Usually it's just the Start Page and Search Page registry keys that you have to modify. I changed mine to http://google.com. Anyways. The other way is to use HiJack this to figure out where the keys are themselves and just change them there.