Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

damnable safetydefender.com

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 loathsome

loathsome

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 06:25 PM

I'm unable to prevent safetydefender.com from becoming my home page every time i open the browser. Ewido brought up something called logger.banbra.fu. Anyone got any ideas on how i might remedy this infestation?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Juliet

Juliet

SuperHelper

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 7,686 posts
  • Interests:Boo!....
  • MVP

Posted 27 April 2006 - 07:41 PM

Have you had any pop ups saying your computer is infected?
Not from Ewido but another product........
This is strong evidence of SpyAxe infection or one of the many varients.
There are a few things you can do to prepare for a HJT log.......The most complete way to rid this infection will take expert help in that forum.....

1.) Download and install the newest version of Java..Java Runtime Environment Version 5.0 Update 6
Go to the control panel in add remove programs and delete previous versions of Java....

Before Posting Your Hijackthis Log - Read This!

You will need to create a post in the HJT forum.....

Edited by Juliet, 27 April 2006 - 07:44 PM.

Sometimes the angels fly close enough to you that you can hear the flutter of their wings...

MS - MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2016, WI-MVP 2016-17
Antivirus Scanners Online Scanners Firewalls Slow Computer??

#3 loathsome

loathsome

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 09:01 PM

Yea I ran AVG and it detected a trojan horse downloader.zlob.ya... I downloaded hijack this but haven't used it as I'm not fully conversant with it. Should I merely run HJT and post the log in the necessary forum? Thanks for the rapid help btw =)

#4 loathsome

loathsome

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 09:09 PM

p.s I've deleted the previous versions of java as you said :)

#5 Juliet

Juliet

SuperHelper

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 7,686 posts
  • Interests:Boo!....
  • MVP

Posted 28 April 2006 - 05:02 AM

I downloaded hijack this but haven't used it as I'm not fully conversant with it. Should I merely run HJT and post the log in the necessary forum?

Yes......I wouldn't wait and please be patient because of a high volume of those who need help.
Also in your post explain which tools have been used and the names of infections found.

Sometimes the angels fly close enough to you that you can hear the flutter of their wings...

MS - MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2016, WI-MVP 2016-17
Antivirus Scanners Online Scanners Firewalls Slow Computer??

#6 loathsome

loathsome

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 06:14 AM

OK cool, thanks for the sound advice!