This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Internet Exlporer Not Responding

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

HELP! I have been having problems with my internet explorer and outlook. I cannot get IE6 or outlook to open. At first glance, I thought that I had the problem with the latest Microsoft updates, however, the other profiles on my computer (HP) are not having this issue. They can access IE and outlook. I have gone through the steps and removed the latest updates from Microsoft, then I reinstalled them and went through the "fix" procedure that MS has posted on its website. Still nothing. I was able to get my profile to work for a few hours and then it quit again. MS issued another "fix" on 4/25 and I downloaded it and this still did not resolve my problem. I have reinstalled/repaired several of the *.dll files, and still nothing. I am thinking that I may have some kind of spyware on my computer, but I do not know what it is. I have ran Spybot, Ad-aware, ewido (web scan), and my anti-virus and nothing seems to be helping. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks….I have tried that already too. Still nothing. I cannot get the control pannel to open. When I go to log off, the end program window comes up and shows that it is shutting down a program. Right before XP shuts down, the control panel will open and then the computer restarts or logs off…depending. Any other suggestions are welcome!!!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI